New Member, and custom Childs GB Costume

Greetings All,

I am new here but a long time fan of GB and all related GB things. I am a prop maker out of CT. I joined because my 8 year old son recently discovered Ghostbusters and was hooked instantly, so much so that he wanted to be Egon for Halloween. Of course with only 2 weeks to spare and a limited budget we cut corners and constructed one out of items found in my shop and at the dollar store. he wanted to make his own version of the backpack and together we did a pretty good job. It did light up and produce the sounds of the gun and backpack, along with playing the theme song.

We came to this site for reference pics and were amazed at some of your reproductions!

So here is the link to his full costume and a short video on Flickr: Halloween 2009 | Flickr

Feel free to let me know what you think or if you have any questions on our construction. You can also visit my webpage: http://www.DrGrymmLaboratories.com to view some of my typical Steampunk prop and design work.

Nice to be among fellow fans!

~Doctor Grymm

http://www.JMARSDesign.com

Nice work! I had pulled up a few of those photos a couple of weeks back while doing some searches on Flickr. Excellent job with that custom pack!

Welcom. It looks great. I’m very jealous of him.

Thanks Guys, it was a fun build, and he won quite a few contests with it. Well be adding the ghost trap with Slimer, and PKE meter to it for next year.

thats probably one of the most unique packs ive seen next to the steam punks!

that pack is indeed rad, i wouldnt mind having one of my own.

Your sons pack is amazing.

And for your Steampunk works. I’ve seen some of them on the Brass Goggles forum I believe.

Thanks guys! Yeah that was mention of me on Brass Goggles. I think they posted about my Victorian Eye-pod and made mention of the Steampunk Exhibit I am part of in Oxford England.

And yeah the League of Steam BG Packs are incredible. especially up close.