Proton Rifle (AKA the Halloween Project)

So I have given this alot of thought and figured the time is now! So Im going to start posting my progress on my Proton Rifle! Its basically a packless proton gun and Im making it from this:

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/yakuza_II/My Nerf_cs-35b.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/Sylphide777/nerf photos_nerf-gun-raider-rapid.jpg)

I have two of these and I took one of them apart the other day to start toying with ideas. I always thought that the drum style clip would be perfect for a cyclotron unit. Ive already started by flipping it upside down and cut off the handle. It will looks like an upgrade of the original proton gun. Also with the rail attachment on the bottom I want to work on a way to make a roof mount for my future Ecto Jeep. Ill post pics of it soon!

Another Ecto-Jeep on the way?

I’ve only ever seen Grand Cherokees and only one Wrangler. I’m goin’ Wrangler. Starting with what I can afford right now (which isnt really anything), but I eventually want to have an Unlimited Wrangler and turn that into an Ecto. I have full plans and everything.

humm sounds interesting but ill have to see some progress pics before I say Ya or nah.

If you can pull it off it would make one sweet prop for the belt

I know of 2.

image

image

I saw the first one on the stay puft thread. The yellow one is cool! Thats the model I want for my ecto conversion but Ill take any wrangler right now. Im actually planning on Ectoing up my dads wrangler since he is letting me borrow it till I can get a new car.

Ok updates of what I have:

image

image

image

The whole thing is going to be black and silver. Im working on the drum magazine to have lights and a speaker in the middle. I have four different color switches I just thought the yellow one could be cool cause it looks like the one from RGB and it lights up. The other three are blue, red, and green and they light up too. If you think a different color would look cool let me know. The main function of the switch is to turn on the other lights (and possibly activate sounds). There will also be a small toggle switch to turn on a bright white light (maybe strobing) from the barrel. So what do you think?

This was a quickie photoshopped pic of where I imagine the powercell would goon the gun.

image

Due to rain I havent been able to do much with it around here but I came up with the initial design for where everything will go and what it will do. What do you guys think? (btw the junction box wont be at a weird angle like that, I just couldnt find a better pic)

its a good start but try to get it painted and see where it goes.

btw what type of paint are you using?

remember to try to find something that bonds to plastics or it will look like crap. (it happen to me)

Im using the same type of spray paint I use when I paint pvc or other plastics. Its cheap I know but it gets the job done till I have enough money to paint it right. Also I wish I could add an update but a ton of class projects just landed in my lap so I have had no time to work on it.

hahaha, really?

image