For some strange reason, I’ve been having problems with the Museum Level on GBTVG. Not getting past the level, but getting the game to run within those levels. My 20GB PS3 kept shutting down during the Chairman boss battle? Anyone know why?
Overheating?
I kept running into a frozen screen the first time that the shelves start shifting around in the library level. Still had audio, and as far as I could tell, gameplay. I could hear myself moving around. I just moved until the screen unfroze. This is very puzzling to me, as my PS3 is only about two weeks old. It’s an 80GB.
I had that too.
I’m having trouble playing online, I get disconnected during the loading scene and I get an error message which approximately says: “Disconnected - Connexion impossible, wrong card version”…
What the heck? I’ve been able to play yesterday.
I had the same problem too. When I was approaching the stairs to head down to the area with the moving bookshelves. (just after Egon’s “i’ll have to make new charts” line) whenever i’d face the lower area (from the top of the stairs) the screen would freeze. If i turned around to face the door i came in from it would unfreeze andeverything ran normally… but when i turned back to continue forward it would freeze. It seemed to clear itself up after all the bookshelves blocked my way. It was very strange. I didn’t have that problem on the 360 version though. I’m going to try going back and playing it again once i finish the 360 version and i’ll see if it gives me the problem again.
Strangely it runs like a champ on my Xbox 360. I just can’t believe they built it on the PS3 and it is having trouble running. I’m up to the chairman boss and have yet to play through it. This game is the bomb!!!
Sorry I know it doesn’t help you guys out. Just way happier that I have it on 360. Hope this stuff gets worked out for you guys on the PS3. :sigh:
I haven’t had this issue on my 60 gig PS3
I haven’t had a problem with it playing on my 40GB PS3.
Mine works great on my 40 gb PS3.
I have a 40G PS3 and I had the same freeze. Strange. Other than that I’ve only had one small point where it slowed down for a few seconds…everything else was great.
I too had the freeze in the library after the shelves shifted.
It ■■■■■■ me off at first because I was worried it was going to be a more consistent thing, but it hasn’t happened again, so I don’t really care. It was only for a few seconds.
I stuck with the PS3 version even after hearing about the 360 one being graphically better. But I am starting to wonder. I really really really love this game on the PS3 regardless. It’s a great game. But I had the same freezing problem where the book shelves start to move. I hope this and if there are any other bugs, can be fixed with an update soon. SONY, RED FLY, ATARI, if your reading these…UPDATE PLEASE!
No issues on my original 60GB PS3 through 2 complete runs, working on #3.
I have beat the game once and didnt have any freeze issues, but I did get a bit of a freeze while the shelves were shifting around while playing for the second time, I just waited a few seconds and everything was fine ![]()
I didn’t have any issues in the library or the chairman battle.Everything ran smooth as glass.Using a couple month old 80 gig.
I played my game from beginning to end on my 40 gig, and it worked just fine.
It is possible that the freezing may be due to over heating, which I’d suggest hoping to god you saved enough progress and restart the machine.
If that doesn’t help you,.. then sorry, I’m out of additional suggestions.
Same here. Sorry to hear you guys had some trouble.
Ya I’m sorry to hear that. It’s been great on my 60 gig
Actually, chalk it up to overheating… In played Rock Band 2 before I went to GS to pick the game up… And I needed to clean it again. I played the game again in one sitting and had no problems.
It seems my overheat was only a symptom of a bigger problem. Let me set the stage. I just met up w/ Ray in the Cemetery level and I’m only missing a few ghost scans for the “Back off man, I’m a Scientist” trophy. Just as I was about to get the last ghost scan…
Yellow Light of Death… :walterpeck: :sigh: :angryvigo:
The fan on my 3-year old PS3 stopped working. And what’s worse, Ghostbusters is still stuck inside. If I send it to Sony, will I get my game back?