Ray Specific Pack

So I’m currently in the process of gathering parts, references, and making my own shell in 3D to be rapid prototyped. Came across this video which I’m sure you’ve all seen:

Anyone have any info on what is specific to Ray’s pack? Since I’ll be making one from scratch, I’d want to make it Dr. Stantz’s pack. I love me some Dan Aykroyd.

It greatly depends on the amount of detail you want to put in due to the packs being different between films and even scenes…for example Ray’s shock mount is bent up in the beginning of the Sedgewick scene…

but by the time he sees slimer it’s straight.

To further that frustration if you look as some of the scenes…say the Courtroom in GB2…there’s only one or two hero packs in that scene, and if you watch the straps and alice padding, you can actually see the actors swap packs from shot to shot.

Also back when that auction was live it was determined that, that Spengler pack was probably the pack Dan used in his cameo in Casper, based on the thrower and its broken tube…so even THAT is a Dan pack…from a certain point of view. lol

I’d suggest you find the version of his pack in the scene you like best and research IT.

Thanks for these images! I never noticed how his shock mount is bent up right at the beginning of the Sedgewick scene. I’ll have to comb through other shots and scenes to find more examples of Ray’s pack. I’m going to guess the one with the bent shock mount is a Hero because of the close ups and the actors not moving so quickly. The ones in the scene with Slimer had to have been stunt packs since Ray is running through the halls with ease.

It might just be a personal thing, but did that scene in Casper bug the hell out of you? I know it’s in there as a gag but seriously…you guys can handle an ancient Babylonian inter-dimensional god but you cant handle three cartoon ghosts? What the ■■■■.

Shrug. You can’t blast three ghosts by yourself.

Especially when the extending tip of your thrower is broken and dangling.

Alex

Lmao just noticed that now.

Ray is wearing his Hero pack for the entire hotel scene (running down the hall, ballroom, etc.).

Goddamn…Aykroyd is a trooper.

i never put 2 and 2 together! yes i bet your right! his tip is broken just like spenglers!

i dont know if this was mentioned already but one big ray-centric is the top left cyclotron light has a big chip in the ring

Is he also wearing the stunt chemical gloves (combo leather and rubber) from GBII?

yeah i call them the vigo gloves :wink:

Bear in mind that that photo is of Ray’s Semi-Hero pack and not his full Hero pack.