Ray Stantz "GB1 hero" pack.( tvg rebuild preview, last post)

Hell im getting ready to start my new build thread. since when cleaning up my photobucket i deleted the photos for my other threads i figured its time. Before i do though, can anyone recommend a site besides photobucket. Just something free and easy to use and transfer photos to this site.

I use my Google+ profile to upload photos. Never had any issues.

Sorry I only know of and use photobucket.

I use Image Shack, but it’s not free to my knowledge…

Imgur.

Flickr. Or I upload direct from the tapatalk app on my phone.

Ok well befor i post my new images im gonna pay respect to my old back. This is the one i had recently sold and alloud me to build a new one.

image

image

That is beautiful, looking forward to seeing what your new build will look like!

ow on to the new one. It starts with the purchase of the gbfans shell. This shell is awesome. Great detail to accuracy. I did want to add an aluminum n-filter. I was nervous with cutting of the cast in one, but once i started it was accually pretty easy and went well.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140301_135053_zpsma8zqzvf.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140301_135101_zpsmgznv92z.jpg)

The next thing i did was add a shim under the corner of the ion arm to make it sit flat and flush on the shell. Added some bondo then in that area to smooth it all out. The shell sagged in that area a bit. I then sanded off the eda discsand the top sections of the two ribs on the powercell. Then added some plexiglass to remake the top of the ribs. Also in one of the pucs you can see i added the trim nails in the powercell and crank gen.image

image

image

image

image

image

I dont have any other photos from the process of fitting the rest of the parts up. With all aluminum parts it was pretty easy. And the holes come marked on the shell and the parts were all aready threaded. I did cut out a space for wiz’s loom holder. Witch is great. I live having the loom atatched the the mother board instead of the shell. Makes for easy shell removal. So the next pics are when i masked uverything up to be texturized. I used the homex wall texture. Preheated the can before use. And when that dried a coat of primer.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140331_175244_zpskaggonqc.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140405_171228_zpsrbzsseaj.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140405_171234_zpsoqtijfeq.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140405_180917_zps1lxhcept.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140405_180922_zps7iowhkj9.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140406_083438_zpsgpfxawfb.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140406_083426_zpsn3uywuh7.jpg)

More pics to come tomorrow

Beautiful work… totally didn’t realize the EDA discs were part of the shell… I like how you sanded them off to install your own… and that loom holder, genius!

Woops forgot to add that before the primer i did a layer of clear laqure to seel the wall teture. Then i primed

For the n-filter, did how did you attach it to the shell and did you cut it to fit the shell?

After cutting out the cast one i just put the aluminum one in its place. It fit perfectly. I did not cut it to fit over the cyclotron. One it was in place and i liked the fit i used hot glue to hold it in place then jb welded it permenatly in place from the inside. That way there is some strenth to it and it wont break off.

Ok well after i got the shell painted i really did not like how the wall texture turned out. Its was way to heavy and clumpy. It looked good when primed but not when painted. So i took on the painstacking chore of sanding everything back down and then repriming the shell. I masked everything off again and did the duplicolor bed liner for the texture. Without a doubt this is the way to go. Cant really tell from the photos cause of the flash but its a nice even texture. It looks really good in person. I also rivited on my aluminum eda discs. After the texture u sprayed on the satin black paint. I started my final assembly and began to add all the aluminum parts.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140409_171313_zps4rmy4rdk.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140406_180034_zpsuwzfdls4.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140412_181956_zpsh7wbz1x3.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140412_182001_zpsbafn4f7q.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140412_182011_zpselbp3vh1.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140412_182015_zps1gat78zm.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140412_183719_zpsspvd7mei.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140415_051956_zps3qcn4aqx.jpg)

In these photos you can see the welds i added between the booster tube and ion arm. Then just another pic of progress so far.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140415_052006_zpsws3eiwxz.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mykstylz/GB1 hero_20140406_180034_zpsuwzfdls4.jpg)

Now onto the thrower. Full aluminum baby. This is the way to go. Twisting barrel grip, extending acrylic tube. The hat lights have the bases installed. Dry rub transfers. I know the side discs should be black. Just havent taken them back off yet to paint. I used the lever technique for the extending and retracting barrel. Also have a flashbulb installed in the barrel. I cut the bulb i half and put the led flash light from the gbfans kit inside the glass from the real bulb.

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

How long did you work on this? Is this all in a matter of a couple of days? Also, where did you get the aluminum thrower with extending tip mechanism?