RGB Conversion.

I have a RGB Kenner proton pack, and was considering changing it a little. Make it a bit more movie like. Has anyone ever tried this?

im sure people have, im not sure if there are any photos of it though. good luck on it. let us know when you’re done

I had actually considered this a while back. But when I dug out my Kenner Proton Pack after not seeing it since I was like 10 yrs old, I didn’t remember how small it was. So it wouldn’t really work for me. But I think it would be a cool project.

The closest thing I have done is convert an RGB figure’s pack. I don’t know exactly what you had in mind, but I’d say the first thing would be to paint it according to the movie packs. Well let me back up…remove all stickers from the pack and any glue residue with lighter fluid. Wash the pack…you don’t have to submerge it in water (it’d take forever for all the water to dry up inside the pack), but get a rag/sponge and give it a good scrub-down.

Now paint it. Beyond paint, I’d say get a black hose (maybe a larger diameter then the yellow one), perhaps some wires/cables for detailing, and new straps. At this point I don’t know what else you’d be able to do without cutting up/drilling holes in the pack (which you may not want to do), and I’d say start making a movie version. I too tinkered with the idea of converting my RGB trap and pack, but couldn’t bring myself to doing it…too many memories. I’ll be a big boy and try to make one based off the plans here…that or make yet another Ecto model.