Sales Thread and Karma Arguments.

I’m really curious to know who is down voting Colin’s original post in this thread. Do certain people not want quality, accurate parts at a good price offered to the community?

Regardless, these look great, Colin! Get on it, people!

10 Likes

Did you know that Colin has been downvoting EVERY SINGLE for sale thread that isn’t his own? You should worry less about matters that are not really your concern.

My guess is that some folks don’t like him posting his list of customers which has several banned members on it.

2 Likes

As a member of the community, how is a broken community voting system none of my concern? Whose concern is it? The people that are down voting Colin just for fun because they don’t like him?

No, that’s not it. I saw this thread earlier today, and it already had down votes before those said banned members were on the list.

8 Likes

Your opinion of the karma system being “broken” is noted.

Don’t bother responding, I don’t want to see anymore off topic posts in this thread. If you still feel the need to bitch start another thread.

2 Likes

Do you keep ignoring this blatant unethical thing here Mark? Colin, is abusing that system by downvoting other sellers. His competition.

9 Likes

NO MORE OFF-TOPIC POSTS!!!

Oh this will be on topic

That’s** not ** true Vince and you know it, I down vote/ up vote posts based on their content, not who posts them. And since when is it acceptable to share private voting information? Is every one elses voting habits being shared here? is that this sites policy in relation to the “karma” system? While your at it why don’t you reveal Protonchargers downvoting record , since he’s the mouthpiece that always seems to be involved in EVERY questionable occurance around here, especially concerning MMM. I bet he downvotes every post when the word MMM is mentioned…and we all know why that is. I’ve certainly noticed a pattern.

This is not a “system” as it seems to me a lot of members abuse this function, posts that should not receive downvotes get downvoted by people like you PC and posts that shouldn’t be praised are ,so as far as Mark’s comment it is very valid. Can you explain why the 2 guys who posted “PM sent” received 3 down votes each?

.

As far as who I choose to do business with and who my friends are thats none of your damn business, these people have done nothing wrong to me and have always treated me with respect and support, can’t say the same for you.

Just remember this, I’ve warned you in the past about getting into my business and what YOU are doing has legal implications. The mods of this site have also been informed of your behaviour on numerous occasions all of which is documented as well as all your other internet ramblings. You think this is a big joke and a source of amusement, this is part of my livelyhood and I have invested a lot of time and money building a business over 12 years and I’m certainly not going to let the likes of you slander it. You wanna play, lets play. I’m done dealing with people like you Adam. Go ahead, push me some more. I dare you.

To the Mods and GBfans members: I apologize, I’m sorry it had to come to this and i’m sorry you had to witness this but it can’t be ignored any longer, I feel it’s about time you all saw this guy for who he really is.

I am not breaking any rules here, I’ve been a supporting member since inception and supported everything this site has accomplished , I run an honest business and have honestly been helping people in the community since joining,

I don’t just pretend to do so while talking behind peoples backs.

11 Likes

I just sent you a pm. I’m not going to drag this out any further but don’t try to make me out to be a liar, moderators have access to all of the up/down votes generated by every user.

Like I said I down vote the post content not the poster, as I and everyone else is free to do so, it’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it if I see something I object to.

Of course you don’t want to drag it out as you know what will become of it, I’m done backing down . It stops now. I’ve responded to your PM, you know my reasoning, i’m not the one pushing.

Oh and please don’t lock this thread, I’m waiting on the reply from PC.

6 Likes

Since this thread has already been derailed, maybe we should talk about disabling auto hide for sales topics (personally I hate auto hide to begin with). I realize it could be helpful to indicate a potentially fraudulent seller/buyer, but there are already steps in place and admin for that. If you have a problem with the product or how the seller is doing business then you should say something in the feedback forum. Using the rating system in effort to hide the post is just cowardly.

Seriously, please post whatever it is that you think you’re holding over anyone’s heads. I promise you, while you may think its groundbreaking or cause for some high-profile legal suit that you’ve conjured up, it will only matter to you and you alone.

Please just post it and be done with this conspiracy talk already. Like I said in pm I’ve gone out of my way to have Protoncharger and Borzou leave you alone, if they’re still antagonizing you then it’s being done privately and not anything I or any other mods have any control over.

If it makes you happy to know I’m tired of babysitting them both and I’m 100% behind banning them for good.

On a personal note I think it’s disgusting that you’d publicly continue to sell items to banned former members, I speak only for myself. I’ve never downvoted any of your other posts but this one warranted it, it’s a slap in the face for the honest people of the community.

I’m really tired of the bickering with the same cliques of people over and over and over again.

Borzou and Protoncharger don’t like MMM and vice-versa. Kagasakai and Filandrius don’t like AJ or any mods and try to pick apart every little detail of the way the site is run but never offer any type of solution. All we ever get is “its broken” but never any ideas on how to “fix” it, this has been going on ever since Phish4Dinner threw his hissy fit and got himself banned.

We all get it, everyone has an ego wants to throw jabs but then wants to pretend that they’re innocent and are just “voicing their opinion”. It’s all REALLY OLD.

This isn’t a courtroom and there is no jury, I see bullshit and I call it.

1 Like

Awesome thread. Really great stuff you guys.

This will be implimented tomorrow. The first post in the For Sale topic will be free from being hidden, but possibly all posts. Additionally, as you may have already seen, there will be information on the first post of the topic showing that seller’s Feedback link, as well as their status. (IE why a thread is locked, or if the seller meets the requirements.)

Now to address the other, unfortunate posts made here.

This is a total complaining for the sake of complaining. The system is not “broken” aside from the hiding of a For Sale topic, the system works perfectly. It’s one vote for every user… that’s it. More users could come out of the woodwork and upvote the topic the same way others can downvote. I have recently (as of last week) made some changes to the system that prevents over voting (positively or negatively) for a single user. Of the abuses currently on my radar, there are only two and they are under investigation.

The only real “problem” with the system is that someone can vote systematically for or against a person or group and just claim it’s just their opinion.

Whoops. I guess your opinion outweighs all others? Or is one vote per person not fair?

What kind of hipocrisy is that?

**Vinc IS wrong… ** but lets not get involved with semantics here. What VinC meant was “Colin has been downvoting ‘most’ other seller’s for sale threads”. I guess when the content is people selling things, your opinion of the post is highly negative (regardless of who posts them).

In terms of what is shared. No we do not share individual’s voting history. The moderators know not to tell others who voted for what, or who voted how. However. We will reveal the voting habits of a particular user if we feel that information is relavent or pertinent. What I will reveal here is that ProtonCharger has not been abusing the system. In fact he was only given the ability to give karma a few weeks ago. He was instructed and told not to abuse the system, and also not to go back to past posts and give karma out of spite. (To avoid any potential problems). When I look at his history. I do not see any patterns. I do see you profiling and characterizing him based on your assumptions of who he is. This shows me that you are not all about voting based on content… unless you are talking about the content of character… Your voting history would agree to this as well.

What I will say here in terms of voting habits. Yes. You tend to down vote ‘most’ other sellers for sale threads. Not ALL as VinC said. But it is a pattern and abuse we have been looking at since the system was put in place.

And let me say this. I don’t care if Ghostbusters props are your livelyhood. If this is the attitude you will take with others, I will welcome you to go back to selling on your personal website and eBay. (This site is a privilege. Not a right). We don’t want to see un-justified “legal implication” threats brought forward here. If this were the RPF, you probably would have been banned on the spot. You have had a problem with other sellers. You have had a problem when people recommend someone else for an item that you also happen to be selling. You have had a problem when someone critiques your work. These are also “well documented” and the moderators are informed of that as well. Don’t act like you’re wholly innocent and everyone else is out to get you.

This is your For Sale thread for these items. Do not create another one to get around karma left (that is a form of abuse on the system). I will be implimenting the block on For Sale topic karma tomorrow. I may also decide to split these posts from this topic in case it generates any actual discussion.

And remember everyone out there… Karma is karma. Nothing more. Don’t get hung up and make a bitching post because someone gave you a negative vote. (I will always downvote posts bitching about karma, as will most everyone else). If your post is something worthwhile it will get a positive to outweigh that negative. Everyone has one vote per post. Anyone that has a problem with that, probably isn’t even using the Karma fairly in the first place.

And for full disclosure. I have given Colin AND KagaiSaki more positive upvotes compared to any other user. Actual karma voting, not just assumptions about it.. might surprise you. That’s true across the site, but especially in this thread.

And yes, I’m sorry that I said, “EVERY SINGLE” post, that was a slight exaggeration, I should have said “NEARLY EVERY” post.

Any way you slice it I consider it an abuse of the voting system.

Hey, I was going along about my business doing my business, I did not start us down this road…yet again

This will be implimented tomorrow. The first post in the For Sale topic will be free from being hidden, but possibly all posts. Additionally, as you may have already seen, there will be information on the first post of the topic showing that seller’s Feedback link, as well as their status. (IE why a thread is locked, or if the seller meets the requirements.)

Now to address the other, unfortunate posts made here.

This is a total complaining for the sake of complaining. The system is not “broken” aside from the hiding of a For Sale topic, the system works perfectly. It’s one vote for every user… that’s it. More users could come out of the woodwork and upvote the topic the same way others can downvote. I have recently (as of last week) made some changes to the system that prevents over voting (positively or negatively) for a single user. Of the abuses currently on my radar, there are only two and they are under investigation.

The only real “problem” with the system is that someone can vote systematically for or against a person or group and just claim it’s just their opinion.

Yes and this can be done by a grouping of users in unison, it takes what, 10 negatives to get a post hidden. There was recent example of a users post being jumped on to the point of it being hidden when all he was doing was asking for “help”

Whoops. I guess your opinion outweighs all others? Or is one vote per person not fair?

What kind of hipocrisy is that? Hypocrisy, no. My downvoting a particular post has no effect but if several others join in it currently has the power to hide a post.

**Vinc IS wrong… ** but lets not get involved with semantics here. What VinC meant was “Colin has been downvoting ‘most’ other seller’s for sale threads”. I guess when the content is people selling things, your opinion of the post is highly negative (regardless of who posts them).

Lets not forget about sales I give positive karma to when I see something good, like I said it’s the content not the poster.

In terms of what is shared. No we do not share individual’s voting history. The moderators know not to tell others who voted for what, or who voted how. However. We will reveal the voting habits of a particular user if we feel that information is relavent or pertinent. What I will reveal here is that ProtonCharger has not been abusing the system. In fact he was only given the ability to give karma a few weeks ago. He was instructed and told not to abuse the system, and also not to go back to past posts and give karma out of spite. (To avoid any potential problems). When I look at his history. I do not see any patterns. I do see you profiling and characterizing him based on your assumptions of who he is. This shows me that you are not all about voting based on content… unless you are talking about the content of character… Your voting history would agree to this as well.

So you do not share individual’s voting history, yet you shared mine. Talk about Hypocrisy!

My voting history was not an issue until VinC made it so and Protoncharger saw it as an opportunity. I received no “warning” that my voting practices were being" watched" and I have a clear conscience about my voting and like you said “one vote” per person.

What I will say here in terms of voting habits. Yes. You tend to down vote ‘most’ other sellers for sale threads. Not ALL as VinC said. But it is a pattern and abuse we have been looking at since the system was put in place.

And let me say this. I don’t care if Ghostbusters props are your livelyhood. If this is the attitude you will take with others, I will welcome you to go back to selling on your personal website and eBay. (This site is a privilege. Not a right). We don’t want to see un-justified “legal implication” threats brought forward here. If this were the RPF, you probably would have been banned on the spot. You have had a problem with other sellers. You have had a problem when people recommend someone else for an item that you also happen to be selling. You have had a problem when someone critiques your work. These are also “well documented” and the moderators are informed of that as well. Don’t act like you’re wholly innocent and everyone else is out to get you.

This would not happen on the RPF, Protoncharger has been banned from there. I’ve told you on numerous occasions what’s been going on for the past 3 years and even asked your opinion on what to do about it to which you told me to ignore it, as have other mods not wanting to rock the boat. I’m quite content to go about my business and it’s only when Protoncharger (who’s been warned to steer clear of me supposedly) steps in to stir it up that we “have a problem”

This is your For Sale thread for these items. Do not create another one to get around karma left (that is a form of abuse on the system). I will be implimenting the block on For Sale topic karma tomorrow. I may also decide to split these posts from this topic in case it generates any actual discussion.

I didn’t do it to get around karma left, I did it because my thread was hijacked and hidden from the community. I was not intended to “abuse” your system.

Yes I do have a problem with some sellers as I’m sure you do. Yes I do have a problem when people like Protoncharger email my customers trying to sway them from buying from me, yes you do think I have a problem when someone critiques my work (I don’t) what I do have a problem with is when a specific group of people (with an agenda) meddle. I’ve done nothing wrong here in all my years on Gbfans, never a warning, never booted from a discussion, never banned or blocked from any forum…can you say the same about those I’m speaking of? NO

And remember everyone out there… Karma is karma. Nothing more. Don’t get hung up and make a bitching post because someone gave you a negative vote. (I will always downvote posts bitching about karma, as will most everyone else). If your post is something worthwhile it will get a positive to outweigh that negative. Everyone has one vote per post. Anyone that has a problem with that, probably isn’t even using the Karma fairly in the first place.

And for full disclosure. I have given Colin AND KagaiSaki more positive upvotes compared to any other user. Actual karma voting, not just assumptions about it.. might surprise you. That’s true across the site, but especially in this thread.
[/quote]

I think a lot of this may have more to do with the fact that I am selling aluminum parts at affordable prices and so are VinC and AJ and that bothers “those” people. VinC said I should post this so here goes…

This was from a 2010 chat session that one of my customers informed me of

*(19:05:04) Jairus: yeah, everything on MMM is shit

(19:05:24) Sasquatch: I think he makes good parts.

(19:05:32) Jairus: he doesn’t

(19:09:20)** Jairus: i hate MMM**

(19:09:25) ProtonCharger: so do i

(19:09:41) kind2311: we should make an I hate MMM thread

(19:09:52) kind2311: and still order parts from him like motherboards

(19:10:04) Jairus: i’ve never ordered from him

(19:10:30) Jairus: if i want metal, i’ll get one of the various people here who do an amazing job

**Since this time Protoncharger has harassed me both here and on other forums, including Facebook. But it’s MMM that has the problem right? My “problems” are because of these people and they are the only people I have an issue with on GBfans… but look away NO conspiracy here. **

Oh and I have more…

2 Likes

I’m just a random observer. A unbiased person so to speak. I’m not here to defend anyone, but I think this attack on Colin is bullshit. You don’t like him or his parts? Stay the ■■■■ away. Shut your mouth and go bitch in a place where people want to hear it, like a feedback forum (if you have actually purchased parts from them). Act like adults, Jesus f’n Christ. You’re entitled to your opinions, but that doesn’t mean I have to come on these forums and read it day in and day out (its the same people that do nothing but bitch in just about every forum I see them in).

If you don’t like the way a person is conducting business, don’t do business with them. Easy as that. I think some of you forgot to put your big boy pants on today. Maybe it was because you were too busy complaining about something that is none of your business.

This is my first “negative” post on these forums, but some of the people that instigate these arguments on a rather frequent basis need to be dealt with accordingly. When people like myself come on these forums to enjoy a hobby that’s supposed to be fun, you’re just ruining it for the rest of us.

Do us ALL a favor- if you have a problem, voice it in a pm, like a MAN. I don’t want to read your childish complaints, and I’m sure no one else does either. I don’t care about your petty differences. I care about GHOSTBUSTERS.

1 Like

Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky!

Rivers and seas, Boiling!

40 years of darkness!

Earthquakes, Volcanos!

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together… Mass Hysteria!

Great looking parts irricanian, keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Colin,

That’s the same small chat log from TWO YEARS AGO that you showed me earlier. Jairus, Protoncharger, and Kind2311 are not members of the staff here and definitely have no say as to how things are run or handled. This is not really an earthshaking development or even really a secret. They’ve all publicly posted their displeasure with you and have been talked to about it before.

If you have more chat logs, pm’s etc. just go ahead and then post them, stop with the vague threats of uncovering some kind of conspiracy against you.

The very first order I ever made from anyone on GBFans was from you and to be honest I wasn’t very impressed with what I received I may have even made similar comments to what you posted but that was OVER THREE YEARS AGO and you’ve improved on many items since then. The difference between myself and others is that when I wasn’t pleased with something you were selling I contacted you about it and tried to offer constructive criticism, have I not?

We don’t speak all the time but I know that on a few occasions I’ve sent you measurements and/or templates on a handful parts. I’m really not in some heated competition with you and I’ve never cared to whom or what you sell until I saw that you’d sold to banned people. The items that you sell and the items that I sell are not even alike, please don’t make this out to be something that it isn’t. I’m not trying to muscle you out of sales.

Part of me is sorry that this got dragged out this far, I think I slightly over reacted but that’s because of yet another conspiracy post by the Phish4Dinner/Filandrius/Kagasakai club. At the end of the day it’s probably better to just get this all out on the table and clear the air. I’m pretty transparent about my feeling towards various people and I really don’t like playing the politics and making veiled or cryptic posts. Drama is played out.

Again, whatever other information you’ve been collecting all this time just get it over with and post it already, stop being intentionally vague.

2 Likes

If you don’t want to post it that’s fine but please don’t bring it up again because you’ve been given a perfect opportunity to share it right now.

I’d like to give you your sales thread back without all of the bickering that’s gone on so I’m going to split this topic as AJ suggested and move all of the non-realted posts out. I just need a title for the new topic, do you have a preference?

“As the World Turns” or maybe “All My Children” for starters…

4 Likes