Did anyone notice that half of those quotes were wrong ?
Oh yeah and I find it offecnsive and just plain dumb that someone would post something so sicking to the GB spirit. I mean come on they even messed up the most mundane quotes. :sigh:
I think you’re the only one offended by it here. :T
I mean, a lot of people screw up the quotes, not everyone knows them by heart. Hell, even I don’t.
But Some_Guy, this is Gbfans, if we don’t live gb 100% we’re not true fans.
I know not everyone knows them by heart I was just playin off the drama of the moment. But it does leave the question why they weren’t 100% though. I duno maybe I’m just a little tweeked by their Inaccuracy. Sorry it was my poor attempt at being funny. It does bug me a little that they didn’t get them right though.
Granted not everyone know them by heart but you would think if you were a website dedicated to movies and are dealing with a movie that you can get every single correct quote from somewhere online easily that they would get it accurate. Reading the ones that are really off make me want to heel kick myself in the sack though.
If you’re going to publish something, it should be right. It’s different from someone messing up a quote during a conversation.
Not because some of us choose not to let a hobby consume our lives makes us any less than a fan. I can rarely quote these movies (or any other of my favorite movies) by heart.
However, as kevinj319 said, for journalistic purposes, even if its just for fun, if you are going to post something as fact, you should make sure you are 100% accurate. Hence, there are multiple sources you can use to compare. Not to mention, watch the movie itself to double check.
It made no sense to me either, but I remember reading the script at one point and the fact that they ad libed a lot..
They pulled quotes from the scrip I guess.
Look at this page, that line about the library ghost, didn’t make it into the film. I remember Ray saying “We actually touched the etheral plane” which isn’t in the script..
http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/script/2/#1
Still, I find it really bizarre that they would pull “memorable quotes” from script blurbs that never made it into the film.