Sean's Trap Plans

Hello all,

I’ve got a good majority of the basic uniform collected and I’m starting to plan my trap build. My intent is to use Sean’s Trap Plans for the main chassis and then add 3D printed or other special parts from the GBFans Shop.

Have any of you used his plans? I’d love to hear any feedback you might have like tips for building, anything you had to fix or what you might do differently if you were building another.

Oh. And I’d like it to have the slightly longer trap box as seen in GB1 and his plans mention that they’re built off of a GB2 stunt trap. I understand the GB 2 traps’ inner box sat more flush with the frame, but I’d like mine to be longer like the GB1 trap. How much longer should I make the inner box to get the desired look?

I am also doing this trap build and I’m going to build the case first and then mock up a box that’s 1/2 bigger and see how that looks

Cool! I won’t be able to start my trap for another month or so at least, so I’d love to see how things work for you. If/when you get a build thread going, let me know and I’ll be sure to follow it!

Sure I’ll let you know! I’m going to try an all aluminum build. Right now I’m just waiting on parts for our plasma cutter at work so I can cut it. If that doesn’t work I’m just gonna have to cut it by hand.

I wish I could afford fancy tools/setups like plasma cutters and 3D printers… it would make making so much easier! lol

Yea being a welder is fun. A few years ago I had made my wife a metal dalek.