Someone allegedly saw an early version of the movie (spoilers or bs ahead)

NOTE: The following details are currently unverified, but if true, may contain major spoilers for the new Ghostbusters movie. If you wish to keep the majority of the film a surprise, it is advised not the read the following post and topic.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/comments/493zai/ive_seen_an_early_version_of_the_new_ghostbusters/

1 Like

This has been pretty much confirmed by the international trailer that was released today. It shows the concert scene, and a ton of other things the original poster could have never known with out seeing the movie.

This truly is the darkest timeline.

1 Like

That’s very interesting. I read this the other day, but forgot about some points. Mayhem was definitely green looking in the trailer today. Not only that, but they were body surfing. I knew about the concert scene for awhile now, but didn’t even about them body surfing. I wonder if this guy is actually telling the truth or just guessed a very stereotypical concert joke.

I have always thought he was telling the truth. The story points I read were fine by me and his review I can’t take seriously. He said in the comments that he wasn’t happy with his treatment at work and I think he released the info and review out of spite.

…aaaaaaaand there goes his career.

If this is true it’s worse than I feared. How has this been allowed to happen!?!

What about the Zuul ending? Is he our Zuul? It could mean that the originals and the reboot are linked with the parallel dimensions card.

He didn’t seem to be too concerned about getting in trouble. And that’s why I smell an agenda with his review that negates, not the details, but his opinion for me.

May only be one way to truly find out and it’s only if the reboot does well enough.

Seriously doesn’t sound any worse than GB2 does on paper. That movie was about a painting and river of slime being beat by the Statue of Liberty.

2 Likes

Ukrainian trailer confirms some of what the guy says, and makes the films ‘jokes’ look even worse:

The good old push/pull door joke, fawning of Hemsworth, ghost ■■■■■ drawing…

I’ll go scrape that barrel bottom for Feig…

I agree. It’s a dude recounting from memory the plot from a test screening he saw once with a negative slant. Most movies I love might sound like ■■■■ experienced that way.

The end part where “Kevin” shows his idea for the Ghostbusters logo for the ladies made me chuckle.

I probably won’t have tome, but would love to write a heavily opiniated write up of GB and see how ■■■■■■ the first two sound.

After watching the international trailer I have no doubt that at one point there was a cut like this that was real. Does that mean that its the final cut we’ll see, no. Does that mean that everything he says happen is true, not necessarily. I’m still going to see it in theaters but I won’t sugar coat it if it does turn out terrible. I’m just willing to give the full product a chance.

I find that two people dying in this cut odd (especially in very throw away ways). Bill’s skeptic dying after being thrown out of a window and Rowan’s death both caused by the Ghostbusters.

Yeah the character deaths are a bit strange. That thing with Bill Murray kind of feels like his Zombieland cameo. I am all up for him being a skeptic, but the way he slated that scene sounded terrible. I am hoping that is just fabrication. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Rumor was Bill would do a 3rd if he was killed off right away. People visibly dying is new territory, but it is GHOSTbusters, so lots of dead people.

I lol’d. You have a point. I just don’t know how two character deaths (to varying degrees because of our heroines) will play in a PG-13 comedy. It works in something like This is the End where everyone is kinda ■■■■■■ and they play off of that.

Well that kills the rumor of the original actors cameoing as thier characters from the 1984 movie. (The “30 years ago” thing in the trailer started this rumor)

Paul posted this yesterday on twitter, so there’s that.