Strap for cell phone holster on pistol belt

Hey all!

Just wanted to share this mini project.

In lieu of a radio I “decked out” my Otterbox defender iPhone case as a ghostbusters communication device.

(I forgot who made those badass phone wallpapers but thanks! Printed it out scaled down and fixed the logo in the case.)

It came with a neat holster that I never use, so I figured I could use it as a belt accessory. Sadly I found out the the belt clip on the holster part was too shallow to fit on this pistol belt. Trying to think of another way to rig it, I realized I had a ton of extra paracord that I bought to lace up my corcorans over my fat calves! Yay paracord!

I laced some through the pistol belt holes and tied it with a knot I found online because I was a bad boy scout.

front

back

Tried it out with my holster clip and it seems to work pretty tightly. The clip holds well across the three strands and even when the clip is open it gets hooked on the end and stays in place. I’ve tugged on it and such and will continue to test some more around the house and will update if it fails.

Hope someone can make use or improve upon this. Sorry if this has been done and I’m treading old ground.

you can improve on it by adding an extra strand at the bottom making a "T"some how, because that doesnt look safe at all, regardless how tight it is.

Not sure what you mean. A strand going up and down?

I think as long as the knot holds up it should be good. Its hold the holster snug against the belt as it is. I think I will hang a hand weight from it over night and see if it holds up.

Adding pic of holster clipped to belt.

oh! THAT makes better sense. i was thinking you were sliding the phone behind the string.

That’s what I was thinking too.

Why not just put the clip on the belt? (Just wondering).

Looks good. :slight_smile: