I just noticed this in the opening cutscene of the 360 version (realistic version) of the game.
During the GB commercial that the security guards are watching, when Venkman is first on screen, he’s wearing an Alice pack, but no Proton Pack. It would’ve been over his shoulders, so its absence is notable. Then, in the next shot, with all three of them, he’s not wearing any straps at all.
This is very interesting, could it be possible he’s only wearing an LBE (Load Bearing Equipment), and not an Alice Pack at all? This could be a cost effective alternative for a canon costume. I wore something very similar when I was in the Army.
Also commercials are often shot in segments so the missing gear could be written of as just a continuity error in the commercial, not the game itself. (although that sentence doesn’t make a lick of sense when I think about it.)
The LBE idea is a really intriguing possibility for the uniform. That would make carrying traps, PKE Meters, sniffers, and what-have-you very easy, with a cool look to boot.
So I see it has been brought up before, well over a year ago. Has anyone actually done it? (You could just link a thread to those of us who haven’t been here.)