Trap Electronic help

I want to know if anyone would know what part I would need to put in line with the LEDs on the trap end, so they scroll on, and then all stay on constant. I dont want the scroll to repeat. Just once when the switch is flipped.

I also need to know what I would need for the red LED on the battery box to blink constant, like when they caught slimer in the GB1. It blinks and repeats.

My LEDs are wired in series, but I am sure that will have to be changed to have them light independently. My power supply is 4 AA batteries, wired for 3V.

Let me know what I would need and hopefully I can get it tomorrow at Radio Shack when I go. I have basic electronic skills, I understand quite a bit of it, I just dont have the part knowledge or terminology down. Thanks in advance.

Chris

I’m actually going to be doing a very similar setup with my trap- while I don’t know much about how to make it scroll (I’d imagine a 555 timer will be used) I will suggest getting a blinking red LED. They make them in a few different sizes and they blink continually when they are powered, and makes short work of that part of the electronics.

-Tyler

I know but the light I have, I like the way it looks and I didnt want to replace it.

If I walk in to radio shack and ask for a 555 timer, Im not going to get laughed out of there am I? Also, how do I hook that up?

You won’t be laughed out of there for asking for a 555 timer. But I’d look around for light schematics online. My electronics knowledge is very limited, but you’ll need more than the 555 to get the effect you want.

There should be some LED blinking schematics that are pretty simple and easy to find online.

If you don’t have anything later I’ll check around myself, because I’m wanting to accomplish the exact same thing.

-Tyler

I wasnt knocking you, I just didnt wanna go and ask for something they def wont have, or if it was a slang term. Like if I went there and asked for a lights for a cyclotron. Ya know.

Im sure Exoray or someone will know for sure what to do. I would be willing to pay for it, if that is easier too.

Yeah, I’ve always been horrible at building electronics so I’m going to bow out of this thread. I’ve tried to find a circuit builder/debugger (correct term?) for OS X and I’ve been unsuccessful so I’m not able to attempt to run simulations on the circuits I’ve found online.

As for the flashing LED I’ve been trying to find a accurate-enough looking cover/harness for a blinking LEDs I’ve seen. I have seen some schematics for LED flashers that look pretty simple.

Good luck with this, I’ll probably just be going with a constant on for the LED window.

-Tyler

They have 555 timer. search for “NE555” in DIP chip.

now, that would happen if you walk in Radio Shack asking them for a 555 timer, either the clerk won’t know what you’re talking about, or be scared from someone knowing more then him asking for electronics parts again.

Radioshack are clueless when it comes for electronics.

here goes

while you’re there, buy a pack of “various resistors” and one of “various capacitors” it’ll be helpful. I bought that resistor pack several years ago and still have tons of them.

A 555 timer circuit and one or two 4015 chips will produce the desired effect…

The blinking LED can be a solidstate blinking LED or it could be clocked by the 555 timer as well..

http://www.doctronics.co.uk/555.htm

http://www.doctronics.co.uk/4015.htm

Replace the 4093 timing circuit on the 4015 circuit design with a 555 circuit…

I got the 555 timer today and some LEDs.

Could you explain how to properly wire that up. I guess Im too green with electronics to get some of the terminology and I definately cant read a schematic yet.

FOR THE RED GHOST LIGHT

If Im understanding right, the wire from the power source runs to the switch. Then to the 555 timer, pin 8(?), then from the 555 out pin 3 to the positive lead on the led. Lastly grounding the LED. Correct that if it needs it.

FOR THE SEQUENTIAL LIGHTS

No clue.