So I gave dyeing my Tru spec a shot last night trying to achieve that nice grey from gb1. I used a tub of hot water, a dye mix of 2 packs of rit pearl grey, 1 cup of salt all dissolved in very hot water. I left it in for 2 hours then washed it like normal. I feel the end result was too dark.
This is the suit without flash, underneath it is an undyed nomex.
Now here it is with flash, looks pretty alright here right? So is it too dark, or just right?
If it is too dark how can I lighten it up a little?
I’ve decided I want to lighten the shade some, what should I use? I’ve seen rit color remover, there is also a rit whitener & brightener I saw in the grocery store that is a laundry treatment. Anyone got any experience using these?
I would personally leave it as it is. The colour will lighten through use and normal washes. Using colour remover etc could end up in a whole world of hurt
Thanks, I ended up getting the same advice from my franchise so it is on to sewing patches.
[emoji41]
Be sure to post up your progress!
Well here is what I have so far.
Suit, patches, radio, flashlight. The boots are Bates but they have the side zippers, just need to color the zippers with a sharpie.
I have elbow pads, a hose and connector on order from AJ and a hose belt fob from Tyger Cheex that I paid him for today.
Will probably do the sewing tonight.
I do love the grayish tint, I’d like to have that for mine but I have a nomex and it’s not worth the trouble lol. But this looks great, good job!
Thanks, it felt a bit off to me at first but it has definitely grown on me.
Here it is with everything I have so far, still need a hose, proper belt with gizmo and fobs, elbow pads and a pack.
I will probably have to sew the patches again, they feel loose to me. It was my first time sewing so I guess it went okay.
And boots.