UK Washers.....

Hello everyone.

This is my first post here on this website. I am currently building my first proton pack via the pepakura method. I am almost finished with the cyclotron but I’ve run into trouble. I live in the UK (Northern Ireland to be precise) and I have searched everywhere - and I mean everywhere - for suitable washers but I have simply hit a brick wall. I’ve made some washers, I’ve modified some washers (from B&Q) but northing works, I am so disappointed!

Can anyone offer any advice? Do any UK based members make the washers?

I’m just about ready to go mad - well, madder than I actually am.

Thanks!

first off welcome to the club, and second off nice name and avatar! i see your a fellow LOST fan! :wink:

i believe nick-a-tron is located in the UK and he makes a ton of stuff, check out the for sale section he has a ton of threads in there and is always updating

what washers are you looking for exactly? the brass ones that connect the bumper to the shell>? if so i hear those are very hard to find…

If you are looking for washers to make the cyclotron light windows then you will probably have trouble finding

washers the right size in the UK. If you don’t mind doing a little cutting,drilling and sanding I would say get a sheet

of 1/8" thick styrene, it’s pretty easy to work with.

Actually I think in the UK it would be called Plasticard and you would want 3mm thick.

Fellow N.I fan!!

I sent you a message, not sure if you can reply or not. There’s a number of local fans near you. We should be able to help you out.

It’s so nice to meet a fellow fan of Ghostbusters and Lost - you clearly have VERY good taste! 8)

I am hoping to find four suitable washers for the cyclotron. I managed to modify a number of polythene washers recently, which were the perfect size and depth, but unfortunately the material is so waxy it won’t accept any sort of primer or paint - even when sanded.

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ on Nick-a-Tron - I recently ordered a clippard from him via his online store. I must give him a message!

Hi Wiz-GB008: You’re absolutely right, I can’t seem to find washers of the right size anywhere online or in the UK!

I’ve been to several DIY stores in my hometown as well and they only sell very small washers. I think that the easiest option would be to make the washers, I’ll definitely have a look for the 1/8’’ styrene.

Thanks so much for the advice! :smiley:

Thanks so much for your kind help Abaka. My internet connection is not the best, but I’ve finally managed to send a reply to your message - sorry about the delay!

It’s a real treat to meet a fellow NI fan! :smiley: