What aspects of “Ghostbusters: The Videogame” (props or new features of those, characters, scenery) should be adapted for Ghostbusters III?
The updated PKE meter was a vast improvement from the standard PKE, actually has what looks to be an LCD display with at most a couple megabytes of memory for storing essentially a kindle version of the Tobin Spirit Guide. Though since it is early 90’s when that was invented that’s probably all the memory it can store. Sure we can get a 1.5TB hard drive for about $100 today but back in the 90’s a single Megabyte was a vast wealth of memory space. But considering todays technology there’s no reason to think that it couldn’t be updated to being basically an iPod touch. Not that it should be just that it could be. Really though I think just the improved meter reading and the built-in TSG is good enough as is. No real need to improve from that.
1 Prototype Proton Pack. I like how in the game they say the Rookie has the prototype w/ all the extra gizmos and such because they don’t want everybody to have one just in case something goes wrong… yet they all have the same pack once his is upgraded and all have Darts, Blasts, and everything. Good continuity there in the story.
But instead of messing it up like that in the game they really should have 1 Prototype. It can have at least 1 new feature. Not the slime blower, positively charged slime was in GB2 already. Gotta hit up something new to play with. Meson Collider sucks so I vote for the Stasis Stream, and maybe the Boson Dart also (to come in handy for the Head Honcho they’ll have to deal with at the end of the movie). It’d be cool to actually “freeze” a ghost, to trap its energy in a single location for a certain amount of time. It’ll allow them to do their work with less destruction.
Honestly I’m half and half with the Ecto1’s Super Slammer. On one hand it’ll give the Ecto more screen time and usefulness, which would be cool. But on the other hand it’s just one of those things that is great for the Video Game but not necessarily a good crossover for a movie.
Tell me about it…
I paid $600 for an extra 16MB for my first computer in order to be able to run trueSpace and start cracking on my 3D skills. My PC came with 8MB and it was SMOKING FAST with a whopping 24MB.
LOL, my entire hard drive was 720MB
I think the household’s first computer ever for us was in that ballpark, something like 512mb. It was the best computer ever manufactured. A Tandy! I think the family got that around the same time as Win95. I really can’t recall much about it except I used to play RISK a lot running dos. Back when people actually used dos.
I would really like to see something like the Slimer containment chamber in the film. Would be a good way to have the spud around without being anything in your face, you know? I just fear they would push the spud in the third film, and really think his role was good and evened out during the game.
I loved to see them in a cemetary. Whether it be a small scene or part of a montage. It gives a classic, creepy touch.
Also, I like the idea of the containment unit being a bit bigger and being able to see ghosts suspended in such a device (i.e. the thing that Slimer is in.)
It also feels like not enough time was spent in the firehouse in GB2. It’d be great to see more scenes there with little things lying around that fans would really get a kick out of.
How about The Rookie? I would love to see him in cameo trying to say something and getting interrupted. Something like that would make my day.
I would say:
-
They could keep the stasis-beam, but it should be turned into a separate device and no longer be fused with the proton pack. So there would be three “weapons”: proton pack, slime blower and stasis pack.
-
The upgraded PKE-Meter could be combined with “Spengler’s Spirit Guide” from EGB. A renewed PKE-Meter could get an attached PDA-like mini computer (easy) with a mobile access to the Internet, therefore standing in permanent contact with a server in the Firehouse, which has saved all past scans and information in a Wikipedia-like database called “Spengler’s online”.
-
The Tracking of Ghost signatures in ego-perspective through the Ekto-Googles is a great scenery. I would be great if they made a scene where the camera follows a signature in “googles-perspective” and then… suddenly a Ghost flies through the man wearing it, shocking the audience.
LOL!
Priceless!
Okay, false spelling: Ecto Goggles. ![]()
But “Ecto Google” could also be fun… something like an online PKE-“weather report” on ghostbusters.com …
THAT’S all wee need! Another one of our favorite childhood franchises being turned into a 2 hour+ long “infomercial”, full of shameless plugs for everything from Apple to Adidas. Anyone remember TRANSFORMERS?!
I hope they don’t do that, but considering how EVERYTHING (especially in the media) is so capitalized today, I got a feeling that it will be FULL of subliminal advertizing! Just think about it, Sony Proton Packs, Sony/Apple PKE Meter/iPod Touch, an Sony [remote controlled] Ghost Traps, and Adidas Flightsuits! lol
Yeah! Comrade, you’re absolutely right! ![]()
You mean the TV show created after Japanese toy companies here lobbying the FCC to deregulate so that they could create a TV show based on their toy products, which is why the 2nd season was 40+ episodes so it could go into syndication and add more advertisi…errr…shows that feature their toys?
That childhood franchise?
Yea. I remember it. I especially liked the part where the 1986 movie came out and they killed off most all the previous Bots because they wanted to push the new line of toys. Gotta love that cherished and virtuous childhood franchise that should not be manipulated for evil Capitalism.
![]()
