what would the new equipment be?

well when we started off in gb ya had a pke meter a proton pack a trap and ecto goggles. then in gb 2 they added slime blower giga meter tri-pod trap and ku meter so what do you think will be the next additions to the equipment?

i seriously think that in gb3 there will be a KISS-A-GHOSTMETER. it’s a device that measure the intensity of kisses that good ghosts put on your nose.

then a WHOA-WHOA-WHOA TRAP. this kind of trap cause only problems to the boys in grey but it advert them a little before it startes with a big mess.

ECTO-DELOREAN: an ecto-time machine that travel in time but only on the “Back to the future” sets.

I literally had a nightmare that GB3 was made and they scrapped the packs for a new technology. I was so mad…

I’d want to see all the old equipment of course,have nods to the GB2 equipment like how TMNT had nods to TMNT2 and 3 in it.But then I’d like to see a new upgraded pack and trap.

i would think they would have a new gun without a pack but with a new beam that may not lasso the ghost but more paralyze him or something… just a thought. roll with it.

I wouldn’t mind seeing an ecto-containment pack. A backpack-mounted vacume cleaner sort of thing.

I don’t know about that… doesn’t Spengler mention something about a “half-life of 5,000 years”?

That’s actually kind of the take I’m going to be using on my pack. It’d just have updated fittings (if something blew out,) maybe a new ribbon cable… I don’t know, I’m still thinking it over.

-Tyler

Okay, I’ve been thinking it over and I think a natural progession of standard ghostbusting equipment (given the needs of the ghostbuster and the advances of modern technology) would be…

  1. Radio headsets and microphones.

  2. Flashlights/lamps, maybe mounted to the top of the proton pack or the headset assembly.

  3. Wireless ghost traps with a simple activation button/switch that fits easily on the belt.

  4. Padding or some very light body armour over the shins and arms.

  5. Wrist-mounted ecto-scanner/computer/gps system that contains a small database of common ghosts and monitors the tracking signals of the other team members. (maybe even an uplink to Ghostbusters HQ for backup when needed)

  6. An ecto-containment van. For temporary storage of large/powerful ghosts until they can be shipped back to the main containment system.

  7. PKE meters for every team member that hook into the ecto-scanner database.

  8. A new Giga Meter for Egon.

  9. A big containment system, Real Ghostsbusters kind of style.

  10. Mood-slime grenades. (imagine the fun you could have with those)

HAHA. Mood slime grenades!Brilliant,I’ll take a case of those right now. :mrgreen:

All that stuff sounds good to me : ) The new game will be great–I have it on pre-order, and I don’t even have the game system yet!

whats up everybody if there was a GB3 wich likely they wont (Dan akroyd mentiond this in game informer )at the announcement of the game for all the plat forms they should keep it all original why do you think Xtreme GB died so quickly?c’mon a ghostbuster in a wheelchair and an old ass egon? a chick with a proton purse ? upgrades are cool but if they get to carried away it would stray from what we truly enjoy from the ghostbuster realm,just a thought :sigh:

well, there needs to be a middle ground. You can’t have silly, kiddie stuff in a live action movie. There was new tech in GB II (like the slime blower) and they wer always doing new tech in RGB. Look at Orkin, Rotorooter, home inspectors, etc. They go to conventions/seminars and learn about new technology in their field. Plumbers use fiberoptic cameras, carpenters use laser levels, cops have pc’s and vid cams in their cars. Why would GB’s still be using 1984 technology when they were innovative with the tech in the first place? We still don’t have portable synchrotrons in 2008 (but they are getting closer). If you were 30 yrs ahead of the game (like Disney or the military SkunkWorks) would you sit on your butt and let the world catch up??? Technology gives a hi-tech company an edge. I work for a small non-profit, and they are constantly upgrading their server, and we get new gizmos every year to stay competitive. If GB was a real company, their would be wannabees like Spook Stoppers and Haunt Hunters popping up like a Wendy’s and Subway across the street from a McDonalds. “Were the one, the only, Ghostbusters. No job is too big, no fee is too big. Who ya gonna call?” : )

I seriously think that the GB3 Equipment will be somewhat like this as shown in this artwork:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/ghostbusters2000/ghostbustersthegame.jpg

Are you a troll? Seriously. How many boards do you have to be told on about how that art is from the aborted ZootFly project? I’m really not trying to be mean or be a jerk, but dude – c’mon.

Not bad! “Ghosts Beware”!