What do two gallons of sillicone make? A 100% resin gun!

I’ve been making my wands from a combination of thermo-formed plastic, wood and resin pieces. The overall result isn’t bad, but its very work intensive and I’m sure I can do better. Over the weekend I thought I’d take a stab at creating and casting a 100% resin gun. Gotta say, very happy with it.

The mold - it weighs close to 20lbs and took almost 2 gallons of silicone to make

I put threaded connectors on the side to make it easy to connect the gunbox.

Unlike the movie prop, I added a second hex bolt to the front gun handle -I just think it looks better.

I’m very pleased with how the plate came out on the rear control box. The hole in the handle is drilled out after the casting dries (so you can run wires through the handle).

Lots of interior space for electronics.

Cut a couple of pieces of PVC and you're almost ready to fight ghosts…

With a couple of coats of primer, a coat of flat black, and a dusting of semi-gloss black. The white “gunk” is resin dust from when I drilled out the handles (really need to wipe it off)…

And lastly, with the clippard valve added, silver paint on the appropriate knobs, and a little bit of weathering (and I’ve wiped off the resin dust)

KCG

:crunch: you earned it!

Not to shabby at all!

I can tell people I knew him back when he was just making wooden bumpers? LOL!

that’s great! 20lb silicond mold? Wow.

wow indeed!

You need to start boxing your molds to a smaller size so that you can save on silicone.

One of our guys at the 405th forums, has molded an entire battle rifle, with i believe, less than 20lbs of silicone.

That stuff isn’t cheap! :slight_smile:

No! Make a LARGER mold! One as big as the sky! Then cast 4 people in GB outfits and make the People Busters in 1:1 scale!!! You must do this!!! : P

Must obey Brad..

Placing order for $10,000 in resin…

Slowly backs away from room…

dang, you prolly coulda saved some silicone by using the brush method and a mother mold, but either way that casting turned out great.

OMFG.. Epic build thread that would be!

How much cleanup would be needed on your cast, seeing you’re the only one who can feel not just see, to remove the imperfections? I’m not saying it bad, it kicks ass, but how many ruff ends need to be sanded?

At one time I would have thought that ludicrous… But sitting here with two full 5 gallon buckets of silicone behind me and having tossed out three 5 gallon empty silicone buckets in the trash last week, coupled with picking up 20+ gallons of misc resins in the last 2 weeks that number is no longer ludicrous…

I hope you can pardon the non-sequitor, but when I saw the title

…Various Pamela Anderson jokes tried to push their way into my head.

Nice looking thrower, KC :grin:

2 galsons of sillicone? Dolly Parton?

giggity