Where can I find Venkmans GhostSniffer??

Been looking for one for a while now, no such luck. Any heads up were to look are highly appreciated.

The sniffer is very rare,it was made from a Bacharach Sniffer Model 301 I believe,Kingpin has one and is working on releasing measurements so we can make our own Sniffers.

And

And

And

There y’go! Make one yourself, it’ll be a lot cheaper. :cool:

That’s correct. As I type the side elevation is almost complete, but I have to create the front, back, opposite side and top elevations as well.

Just bought a working Sniffer 301 off of eBay for $99. Unfortunately, it looks like it might only be the actual Sniffer with carry strap, but I didn’t see the pump and rod that you see in the movie. Where in the heck am I going to find those items?

Make them! Some surgical tubing and a blood pressure bulb (available at some health supply stores) and a hollow aluminum rod 3/8" diameter, cross drill some small sensor holes in the tip and a hose barb on the other end, attach some more tubing (should be able to get that stuff at the home Depot)

Here’s my scratch built one

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/TD8828/Ghostbusters costume_CIMG5259.jpg)

The ‘pump’ can most commonly be found as part of a Sphygmometer. I picked one up real cheap on eBay, cut the rubber connecting tube where it was attached to the cuff and fed the cut end onto a screw which is fitted into one of the plug holes.

The ‘rod’ is an actual product made by Bacharach, probably for the Sniffer. However, it’s a lot shorter than the one seen in the film, so like another Sniffer owner, I got a length of appropriately sized tube, cut it to length and stuck it onto the existing wand. I purchased mine again from eBay, but this item was much rarer.

As for where they can be gotten from (RE: Original poster), eBay. Keep a watch, because that’s pretty much where every one owned by members of the community have come from.

The plans will hopefully be finished some time in 2010.