So with Funkzilla closing up shop, I’m left wondering where to get a good shell to build upon. I don’t want to buy a completed pack but would rather get one to “build up”.
Yes, I could cast my own but I honestly don’t have the space or experience to do it right. I also have no wood working tools and I don’t want to spend hundreds on equipment to build *one *pack.
I’ve read “grumblings” that the current shells on eBay might have recasting issues and I don’t want to support that.
So… where else can I get a good pack shell to build upon?
Always a concern around here, I don’t believe this time any of the shell offerings on Ebay have recast issues, but the recast shadow does lurk around other part offerings on Ebay…
Most of the recasts on eBay are fairly easy to spot, if you look at the photos.
I know for a fact that the midwestpropshop shells on eBay are a good deal. I bought one a few weeks ago, and am going to buy another for a friend. They fit the MMM motherboards pretty well.
I should clarify: “might have” should have been stressed more. No proof, of course, only “grumblings”. I won’t “out” the source of this, but I will agree with Exoray above, the shadow does loom over eBay.
Glad to hear that midwestpropshop is recommended… are they really sturdy? My concern with resin is that they are fragile.
That is really what I was hoping for… a good recommendation.