I recently put together a ghostbusters uniform, i use the tru-spec tan flight suit. While I really like it it just does not have that “worn” look the uniformed did in the movie. My uniform still has a pressed “new” look to it. Any tips on roughing it up a bit.
For bonus does anyone know how to replicate the “got slimmed” look…
Ha imagin the neighbors looking out there window to see a man rolling around on the ground/dirt in a ghostbusters costume. OOOOh i can scream “ghost bees there everywhere” while i am at it. ha ha…its late
Wow that turned out really good! Totally going to steal that for halloween! but while I am going out on halloween I am also going to be displaying the costume in my basement living/movie room…so i was looking for something with a bit longer staying power.
Also good idea with the hose coming out of the zipper on the leg…not sure if i am going to attach the leg hose part so that might be a nice solution to modding the leg
I’d highly recommend using a product called ClearGlide by Ideal. It’s a wire pulling lubricant that will give you a great slime look. Good dark, slimy texture that is almost a perfect match to the Slimer scene from the first film. It’s also non-toxic so you can goop it in your hair or on your skin if you’d like.
The best part about using ClearGlide is that due to its intended use, it actually dries over time and leaves absolutely no trace behind on your uniform or anything you put it on. So you can have your slimed look without worrying one bit about any damages to the suit or even having to wash it at all.
Do a quick search for ‘slime’ and you’ll find some pictures of those who have used it before. Really great product for people looking for the slime look.
I instinctively used Prell for slime in a ‘Petri dish’ (actually the thing that electrical tape comes in) as a prop my very first Hallowe’en dressing as a Ghostbuster.
So that would be October 1986, to be exact.
Looked great, but the downside was that people figured it out very quickly due to the scent.