Activision cans Ghostbusters game, I smell Bullcrap.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/activision-cans-ghostbusters-game

Hard to believe.

Who knows.

There was a reason that Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson (and the Ecto-1, and Stay-Puft) weren’t at Comic Con.

But I bet this is a fake news story. :slight_smile:

If it is true;

I say we all Ecto-Relay to Activision’s HQ and protest for the game. :angryvigo:

Not gonna happen…

I highly doubt Sony would let some one finally do something with this property only to have a contract that would allow the company to get the game 95% done with massive hype by Sony and then throw it away.

Seems like an April Fools prank.

Yep, BULLSHIT. Guaranteed!!!

& I’m not a liar and neether is Dan Aykroyd.

There is apparently some truth to the story.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6195113.html?part=rss&tag=gs_all_games&subj=6195113

Worry not, ghostheads. I’m sure another publisher will snap the game up. The question is, how many hoops will they have to jump through and is a delay inevidable? Let’s hope not.

In any event, I’m sure there are a team of crack lawyers (or a team of lawyers on crack) attempting to work things out as we speak.

Somebody please make this better…I feel ill.

There is this part of me that absolutely doesn’t believe that this is correct, like there is a mistake somewhere and theres no way that Sony would let this happen to a property that has been getting as much press as this, but then the thought of politics and back room board deals made by people who don’t care slips in… Its too much to consider,

I truly believe in my heart that this game will come out, TOO MANY people are involved at this point, and too much money will be lost for them to let it go.In the meantime, I am going to try to pretend I am not as upset as I am.

Please don’t be true. This happened to me before with Stargate.. They had the game pretty much done then dropped it.. Is there some curse involving games based on tv/movie franchises voiced by the actors themselves?

Why if there may have been an inkling of this happening would they promote it at Comic Con?

A few sites I’ve checked are still taking preorders for now.. I hope nothing changes but I’m not getting my hopes up..

If i have to i will protest fricking Activision for life

Over at Activision their site which may or may not have been updated is still listing the game and a release date of October 31,2008.

I will play the wait and see game..

No changes to the games official site so far, and Activisions site still has the Ghostbusters page up.

Then again it takes forever to update the games site, and the Activision site, well, who knows?

Surely we have a man on the inside who can get us some info here asap right? I mean anything? To help us sleep? Please?

You know Some_Guy I actually had the same thought process. All the video game dealers( gamespot, Best Buy, heck even X-box’s website) still list pre-orders available. Oh wait, I just thought of something, they wouldn’t have put Dans interview about the game on X-BOX live yesterday if it wasn’t still coming. It may just be under another name.

It better be. I’m furious.

You know one of my favorite ghostbusters quotes comes from a RGB episode, and too be honest I cant really even remeber the episode it happened in, but they were all in a pile on the floor ( as was prone to happen in any given episode) and Winstone looked up to the sky and said" You know…why is nothin eeever easy?" : )

That image has always stuck in my mind when it comes to the guys, and the franchise itself, it takes a lot of blows by people who try to kill it, and we keep it alive. Well I am telling you right now, worse comes to worse, we will find a way to keep this thing going. Besides, we have fans making the game, so they want it to happen as bad as us.

What the F U C K ! So let me get this straight…You’re telling me this game is 95% finished and now there’s a chance it’s not going to happen? Someone get me a gun, 'cause I’m about to get postal.

Patrick, please tell me this is a joke concocted by you to get back at all the gbfans that don’t believe in gb3!!!

Gamespot still has it at a TBA Q4 2008.

Gamespot usually puts a “CANCELED” for the release date for when something like this happens.

Here’s hoping for good news.

It wasn’t an interview with Dan, but that Ryan French guy…unless I missed an interview.

I just threw up in my mouth…

please, if this is a sick joke by someone, please come clean now.

No thats correct, but Dan Americh a member here did the interview. He was the guy in the suit. Making us all so very proud. : )