New Game Informer Issue with some pics...

Hello,

I was at a friends house today and he received the latest Game Informer magazine, and about half way through it is a small article (2 page spread) with some new photos of the game. No new details, at least no new details that we know of, but it is cool to see some new pics, lots of Spengler. If you have a subscription, expect to see it soon… The Enterprise (Star Trek online game) is on the cover…

Steven

are the pics posted on the GI web site cause im out state at school and cant get my issue (im not redirecting the mail so i can do it again and again every year)

Nope. Not up on the site yet. Can’t wait to see them.

Haven’t seen my copy, but my fiance and I just moved into our first home and I keep forgetting to put through a change of address thingy. It probably came, I just have to pick it up from my parents. Does the article specifically say anything? In other words, does it mention that the game is still coming out, but now we just don’t know when?

I’m still hoping for some kind of official word confirming AT LEAST that the game WILL be released eventually and isn’t canceled completely. So far, even that has only been rumor. Sure, they have to find a new publisher, but if they can’t, it is as good as canceled. There was the rumor that Sony WOULD get it published even if they end up having to do it themselves, but even that wasn’t definitively confirmed. I’m just sick of all of the waiting and uncertainty. At least I want to know what is going on.

this copy is exclusive not everyone gets this copy of game informer. its a special issue that gamestop gets every quarter.

Z has this issue, and this is what it says on page 24;

This is in regards to what is staying and what is going

Staying:

Crash franchise

Spyro franchise

Prototype

Ice Age Franchise

One unannounced Vivendi Project

Going:

Brutal Legend

Ghostbusters

Wet

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

blah blah blah

Looks like GB got the boot

Well obviously they’re not going to do it. A new publisher has been found. We just don’t know who, yet.

I have taken the liberty of scanning in these two pages, as well as providing larger scans of the seven unique images that accompany the article (the other seven are ones we’ve already seen in better quality). You can see them on my site.

new pics we havent seen also included.

thanks for the scans

this looks great

I got my copy today. Funny thing is, the article says ghostbusters is still with out a publisher, but the calendar on page 48 says it’s still scheduled for an October 21st release. Huh.? I would’ve thought they would’ve corrected that.

correction it says that activision has dropped it and is in the processes of being sold to a new publisher.

and yes wow nice catch still the same release date ??? WHATS GOING ON HERE!

and another note on page 24 it says what i think the reason why activision dropped it and dropped brutal legends

goes on to mention 2 games and says

" Activision announced that it is culling several vivendi titles, including tim schafer’s brutal legends and ghostbusters"

" we have conducted a thorough review of vivendi games’ brand portfolio and are retaining those franchise and tites that are a strong fit with our long-term product strategy"

so from that im getting that they want games that they can continue and not just a one time game.

please feel free to chime in your say also.

Yea. My two cents, ActiBlizzard is a bunch of ignorant morons. I guess they still haven’t checked their archives.

Did anyone notice the last paragraph of that article?They are talking about character models and refer to how Aykroyd,Ramis and Hudson look just like they did in 1991.Why no mention of Murray?Seems unbelievably strange that at this point Murray (arguably the most important and biggest star in this) could be forgotten or mistakenly left out.

DISCLAIMER***

What follows in pure reckless speculation on my part due to an objective,rational look at what we have heard/read.This is my OPINION and my opinion ONLY.Don’t flame me because your fandom blinds you to what may actually happen.Let’s try to have a rational,logical discussion.Thank you.

DISCLAIMER***

I have a sneaking suspicion that when we actually get to play the game it may be without Murray’s participation.Let’s look at that signs:

Unexplained,sudden drop by Activision

Rumor of Murray wanting to much $

Murray’s likeness absent from virtually all vids and screenshots(I know there was some but hardly any considering his importance.)

Ray’s statement when the run into Eleanor Twitty about wishing Venkman was here to see this.

I can’t remember where I saw that as i’ve read waaay to many articles about this game.As it was explained Venkman was somewhere else but it could just as easily signify his absense entirely.

The fact that Terminal Reality is still working on the game.

Could be a good thing as it will be super polished when done,new features added,etc. or it could be a rewrite/redo to eliminate Muray’s parts.

As stated this is just reckless speculation on my part.I hope none of it is true but I gotta admit the pieces seem to be starting to line up.Time for the rational, logical discussion to start.What do you guys think?

As hard as that is to hear, it does seem like it could be a possibility.

Lets hope its not true. I was REALLY looking forward to hearing Bill Murray’s voice in the game.

::sigh:: I hear he’s difficult to deal with.

I don’t think so.

  1. Murray was the last to record his voice-over, which is why we haven’t heard his voice a lot.

  2. Ryan French explained that Venkman wasn’t in the Comicon demo because not all ghostbusters will bust with you on evey level.

…However, we are talking about Bill Murray, so I wouldn’t be totally surprised if you wrere right. :sigh:

Nah the Bill Murry thing would be a rumour.

He’d have signed a contract before doing the voice over and would be bound by the terms in that. Besides he was in the trailer on the website.

While that’s true, his contract was with Sierra/Vevindi/Activision. The new publisher may want to renegotiate that contract.

So I guess we’ll see what happens.

The contract would have been with Terminal Reality the developer most likely as thats who he would have been working for. A change of publisher won’t affect the contracts already signed. Bill Murrey won’t be able to just demand more after he has done his part.

Besides, changing publisher won’t affect profits and sales of the game drastically enough that it would make sense to try to demand more.

Listen to Lionbrush, this rampant wild and completely unproven speculation needs to be reigned in. Venkman wasn’t in the Library level because there are three other Ghostbusters and the rookie, he’s present in the level set in the skyscraper being attacked by Stay Puft and I’ve even heard a very brief snippet of dialogue from one of the preview movies.

Now it could very well be as we heard that as he was the last person to sign on, that’s why we’ve seen less of him… but doesn’t mean he’s taking a secondary role.

And to further show he hasn’t been completely invisible, he was seen clearly on a temp loading screen graphic on the big preview with Gears of War a few months back and he’s milking up the fact he’s voiced Venkman at the Fan Tastic Fest.

I also believe the reason why he wasn’t mentioned in terms of the face scanning is because he could in no way pass for his 1990s counterpart… and I don’t know why the person writing that article could think Dan or Harold could either. It’s quite obvious they had to create Ray and Egon’s heads from scratch because the only person I can believe could be scanned and passed off as their 90s counterpart is Ernie, especially as an earliar article said he was the only one who they could just scan because of how well he’s aged in comparison to his co-stars.