Just askin more noob shite.
What other methods for attaching the gun are there ? Cant get a dixie thing by Halloween it seem.
Thanks !
Moony
Just askin more noob shite.
What other methods for attaching the gun are there ? Cant get a dixie thing by Halloween it seem.
Thanks !
Moony
Flush mount picture hangers from ACE Hardware. That’s what I used, and I almost prefer the look of them compared to the Dixie Cup method.
Seems more insdustrial or something… like the clips you’d find on a handset for a radio.
YOu think home depot or Lowes would carry this ?
yes either should have them.
i dont know about them though they dont look like they have much surface to cover where they connect. i would cut the grooves out of one just a little more to feel safer about them.
Actually, the way they interlock is surprisingly strong. I was hesitant when I first put them on, and they really really impressed me.
QFT!
I’m using them on my pack, and if you put them at an angle like the GB2 packs, they “shift” a little and it locks itself in a way that I can actually bend down and tie my shoes without the thrower falling out.. I’ve actually got to push the thrower “up” a little before taking it out, if I just try and pull it it won’t come out.
they would make me really nervous.
I just picked some flush wall mount doo dads up yesterday. Do you guys use both of the mounts in the pack on the gun, or just one?
Just one. That’s all it takes.
Seriously, unless your gun is made of solid lead or you are attaching them to just foam/foamcore gun blocks, these hangers work well.
You can bend the tongue on the mounts for a tighter or looser grip. Since the packs come with two sets, you can use one for your pack and gun, and the second set for a trap holder on your belt and a trap.
I can only find these here at Ace hardware here.. neither lowes nor Home Depot had anything that looked the same, or did the same job.
Help!
I can’t find that flush mount thing ANYWHERE! Iv’e called every ace hardware int he area and nobody carries it!
Are there any other alternatives that I can get by tonight ?
Moony
you’re not going to like this.
my second pack used a curtain rod that mounts to the wall and has an adjustible size. its shaped like two interlocking L’s on their sides. its in then curtain rod section of homedepot
Did you buy a whole rod - or was it just a pice. Don’t got any pics do you ? I used velcro last night on my gun and it was a fucking disaster - broke my gun and just had a miserable time getting around in the crowd
yes, there are pics of the flush mount holders in my build thread linked in my signature. They are not rods.. they are squarish hardware parts that interlock.
I got pissed and drove ALL over L.A. today - I got them - finally !
Now it’s time to bust some ghosts !
Congrats!
it was a complete rod, but split into two pieces. i didnt bother to take pics of that, because i never really liked how it worked.