Aluminium Proton Gun Build

Well well well the first few parts have arrived and already I can’t stop smiling :smiley:

So far just a quick bolt together so i can see it take shape. Freeky geeky has done me proud :stuck_out_tongue: Another 4 packages yet to arrive before i can make serious headway! But first ill go get some primer and matt black paint.

http://imgur.com/a/uTFVL

:love:

I love FreekyGeeky throwers! I have worked with two of them and cannot say enough about them! If I may make a suggestion… do all the cutting, filing, drilling, fitting, and sanding BEFORE you prime and paint. That way you are cussing at yourself when your files slip, or your drill skips ruining your pristine finish.

…a good degreaser goes a long way too!

Indeed I will! :slight_smile: I have a good paint set up in my garage with professional degreasers, primers and thinners so I’m well prepared for the task at hand :slight_smile: any tips for cutting the bar graph slot? I assume patience and filing? :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking good. I got my first box of parts this week and can’t wait for the rest to turn up.

Bar graph wise, yep measure, file, measure file etc. etc. and if you have a bezel just keep popping it in to the hole till its snug.

Good luck.

What alpha said, I took a drill bit and drilled out a larger hole to fit my file in but you have to be really careful with that or you can get a bigger hole than you really want. Layout the bargraph (or bezel of you are using one) and the carefully file between the lines. I don’t recommend a Dremel unless you are REALLY good with one, files allow for more precision IMO.

My impatience will be my undoing :stuck_out_tongue: I am still waiting on 2 orders from the store to ship (hurry up AJ :P), some nickatron and more freeky geeky parts. How lucky i am that the wonderful people at UK customs will fumble around with my parcel for nearly a week before sending me a letter to pay customs charges and then they dont even deliver it till two days after the charges are paid :frowning: the packages move across America and into the UK faster than customs works :confused:

Having dealt with chains myself, you are preaching to the choir! As long as they DO get there is all that matters :slight_smile: (and don’t worry… I’m waiting on parts from the store too… It’s worth the wait!) did you by chance order the GBFans light kit for your pack/wand?

Yeah i did it looks so cool

I’m trying to hold myself back from buying that light kit. My weekend will involve me staring at my gun and filing drill holes down and figuring out a non spring pop mechanism. Good luck with your build.

The light kit package with some other goodies has arrived in the uk! Now lets see how long our usless customs decide to stare at the box before forwarding it :stuck_out_tongue: some other parts that were posted from freeky geeky the same day should be here soon as well as they were posted on a faster service. Now i play the waiting game…

Handle painted and assembled with the gbfans wand switch and ear light with a nickatron handle and hat light replica :smiley:

Imgur