Hey guys,
Figured I would post some pics of the current progress I have made of Irricanian’s trap kit. Unfortunatly there arn’t loads of progress pics but I will try to desribe as best as I can.
Firstly once I got the kit unpacked what else was there to do than to cautiously balance everything together and take a picture. ![]()
Once I was happy with the way everything fitted together I started by attaching the handle to the battery box and then the battery box to the backwall of the outer part of the trap. I did this by using drilling holes through the resin and then screwing in some countersunk wood screws. Whilst I will be backing up pretty much all of the screws I use with a heavy dose of epoxy 2 part glue, some I shall be leaving unglued to allow access to areas for maintance such as the battery box.
Once this was done, I then moved onto getting the sides and base of the outer casing attached, drilled and screwed. From here I then started working on the two side plates and drilled out all the holes I needed to attach the ‘greebles’. It’s this part of the project that really starts to make it alive and feel like a real piece of equipment ![]()
Once these were done I took everything off the plates and then started marking the holes out on the sides ready to drill and mount the plates too.
I then moved onto the inner cartridge and wanted to get the forward indicator attached as well as the inner cartridge ‘lid’. To hold the forward indicator in place I put two screws underneath the ‘lid’ going up screwing the forward indicator in place.once that was done I put a screw in every corner of the ‘lid’ and screwed them into the corners of the inner cartridge box.
More dryfitting:
This is about all I have done so far, like I said above alot of it is just screwed into place at the moment. When I have finished assembling it with screws I will dismantle it and start adding some epoxy glue to it and then when that is done move onto filling and sanding.
Unfortunatly progress is a bit slow as I have various other projects on the go too (you may have noticed the Ecto-1 kit in one of the pics). ![]()
I do have a few questions though that would be great if anybody has the answers too!
- Firstly this thing is damn heavy, and the handle feels like it ‘bends’ slightly when I pick it up by that. Is there anyway to strengthen and support this? Also how would the weight of this affect it hanging off Irricanian’s trap holster?
- The bolts I was given for the wheels on this have a weird 'socket. to them. Instead of them being either flathead, philips or hex they are actually just square! How would I actually go about screwing these into the axles of the trap?
- Does anybody know how to wire the light kit up? I was given two LEDs, two resistors, a 9v battery connector and a few bits of wire.
- Lastly, how would I go about creating/wiring up the forward indicator lights to get them to scroll from side to side?
Anyways thanks for looking and feel free to check out my uniform thread here.






