can someone tell me what is being used for those clear caps on the tanks. i saw them in slimer 7’s pics. thanks. oh does someone sell or make a yellow power cell for the slime tank?
thanks for all the replies next time i want something ill ask the wall. all of u have lost rights to bash on gbfreek1989. at least he replies to post and offers help u guys are the noobs
Ditch the 'tude, dude. You need to relax just a tad and give people a chance to chime in. No one wants to deal with a child throwing a tantrum. Respect is not given it is earned, something this generation seems to be a little fuzzy on. Nobody owes you anything. If you couldn’t tell by the fact that there is barely one page of posts in the slime blower section, not too many guys have successfully built slime blowers. Slimer7 is probably the authority on the things as his look amazing. You may want to try and PM him if no one answers your questions here. But you have to give things a little time and ask nicely. There is hardly any activity in this section so it’s possible it gets over looked.
People need to take more responsibility for themselves and try to figure things out once and a while and not expect everything to be just handed to them on a silver platter because they can jab two fingers at a keyboard. This site in and of itself is your silver platter.
Personally I have no desire to make one, I’m not big on a lot of the GB2 props, so I can’t answer about the domes, but I am fairly sure no one is making slime blower power cells.
Wow.
Well since i have yet to even bother making one of these here, I didnt try and act like i knew stuff to help. Next time, give it more time before you start saying stuff about people
i got a response though. nothing personal but i was seeing people looking at the post and no comments. i try to help anyone i can and i was not getting even a suggestion. i have done my research and have found some hings that could be used. sometimes it seems like people dont want to help. i spent lots of time in stores and wasting gas. i just wanted an idea. sometimes the most obvious think to use is right in your face, you just need someone to show you. that all. srry didnt mean to offend anyone.
well like PVJ said…Slimer7 is the go to guy when it comes to slimeblowers…did you pm him to ask him before psoting this…im not trying to bash you here im just wondering…good luck with youre project though…and i look foward to seeing pics of it
thanks for backing me up heres my idea i tried i found a bowl and used it as a buck and made a cap with fiberglass smooth as glass then cut it to fit the pipe its alot cheeper than buying the clear dome they would cost you around 180 bucks compaired to about 50
I try’d to do this once and I had a pretty good idea it just ever worked out.I took the pipe I was using and blew up a balloon inside the pipe I then used paper machee to make a dome then bondoed over it. It ended poorly though as the bondo was next t impossible to get even enough because it had to be really thick.And mold grew on the inside of the paper machee as it never got entirely dry against the balloon. If i had to do it gain I would probably use fiberglass strips over the balloon then try to bondo for smoothness. something to think about.
p.s. next time give it more time before getting angry as you are asking for help and If you yell people are going to be less likely to help you later. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Just ask for help again be posting in your own forum to get it back to attention.
dosent fiber glass have a asatone in it if it does it will eat the ballon like i eat burgers
couldnt get the bondo even?..its supposed to be sanded is it not to make it even?..im sorry i just dont really understand what you mean lol
I don’t really know probably depends on the resin you use. But if so a quick brush on of latex paint would fix that up real quick.
p.s. Not trying to over step my bounds or anything but 1989 could you try and practice just a little grammar? Even if its only a period man its hard to read sometimes.
The paper ended up being really thin and I had to glob on the bondo and it was just really wavy. Lots of pits and hills looking back on it I could have filled them in but I kind of abandoned the project mid build for a PP. Plus its hard to sand to a perfect dome by eye. Then again I could make a guide with my saw. (maybe I should revisit this project
) That or maybe I will try to make a dome making tool so I can make one on my lath out of foam with my minimal lathing skills.
oh, ok i see what you are saying now…someone made one using wood…im assuming they used a lathe.
its in the props section…somewhere
I’d planned on using a bowl, if I could ever find one the right size. There are several options you could try. Styrofoam probably wouldn’t be a bad idea. If you covered the surface in a paint, of the brush on variety, you might be able to bondo it, and get a dome shape. The only problem is, I don’t think they make styrofoam spheres the size of the larger tank, so you’d have to make your own with several layers of sheet styrofoam. This is how I plan to make mine, anyway.
As for people looking and not posting, it’s a fact of forums. Not everyone just posts for the sake of posting. A lot of people will look at a thread, but usually, only people who can offer some kind of valuable input will respond to it. If I had a dollar for every thread I’ve made that went without responses for extended lengths of time, well, I’d have a lot of dollars. Fact of the matter is, you did come off as a kid throwing a temper tantrum. Just calm down, and exercise some patience. As you may have noticed, you got replies. But, it wasn’t because of your attitude. It was because people saw the thread that could actually help.
Chris
hey ray any progress any heres your freaking period…
would you like to know where I got my domes from? I found a place locally in Chicago that supplies them and will ship. http://www.barnardltd.com
do a search under “domes” or “spheres” and you’ll find what I used. Your welcome! ![]()
thanks for the help guys. i ended up useing party bowls from party city. ill post some pics when im done and ill give info. hey gbfreak! i noticed u live in alabama. me to im in mobile. u?
im in prattville its outside of montgomery hey have you been to bass pro yet