Domes for slime blower

Ok, this is the hardest part I can think of, what could be used for the domes on the 3 tanks? I found a website:

http://www.plasticdomes.org/index.htm

but for 1 dome it’s 33.75!!! Is there something else I could go out and buy? I tried using foam balls and sanding them down to size and putting a plaster substance over it to keep the paint from eating away at the styrofoam, but I see some people actually used plastic domes.

Any suggestions?

You might have a problem finding 3" balls.

I think I read someone used a christmas tree ball decoration.

My tubes were 4" postage tubes and I went with toilet system ball floats cut in half.

image

Thanks, I’ll look into that! Now I just have to worry about the main tank lol

I still have a good bit of work to go before I’m done. I went with the plastic toilet tank float balls, glued in then covered with bondo.

image

The main tank isn’t perfectly round but I and I think others have used large plastic bowls. Had to be cut down some. :smiley: Maybe it was from Wal Mart? I forget.

image

www.barnardltd.com, this is where you want to go for the domes for the slime blowers.

Don’t forget you can go to the local pet store and pick up one of those “plastic mice balls”…that is what I did when I had to fix my purple sphere. It’s the perfect shape. All you have to do is fill in the “air holes” with bondo and paint it.