Citroen Ecto1..

Hi there,

been busy working over the weekend and gotten started on our version of Ecto 1.

Started with a white Citroen Xantia estate.

Spent a couple of evenings making up the box for the roof. Yesterday, spent most of the day dressing the box with the bars that normally form the frame and fitting this to the car. Spent almost 90 minues cleaning the car. The black bars are the parts fo an old gazebo, cut, sprayed and screwed on. We will start dressing the roof box this week.

I have made some rather cool fins that fit on the car also. They screw into the back door shuts and the boot, so we can take them off and the car looks normal. I have to fit somelights to the fins.

I am looking for something to use for the 1/4 sphere on the roof. I was thinking of using a plastic mixing bowl.

I will try to post pictures as we go on. (need to figure out how to upload them 1st I guess)

image

Sorry, been on hols. this post is not worth much without photos.

Here is what I started with. you can see the box is started.


here is what we have now.


painted bits are in the garage, waiting to be stuck on tomorrow.

Painting the logo on tomorrow also.

I am especially proud of the fins at the back.

A very good start, though I think the fins look incredibly gaudy.

I take that back. They are the least gaudy of all non-caddy fins.

Is your rack bolted on? Looks good!

I like the whole thing…keep up the good work my man!

Rack is bolted on. Could not get a car with roof rails so used the attachment points in the gutter. Worked well as the rack is much lower. The fins are made from an old bath side panel I fitted lights in them as well. We have some electrics in the rack for the lights and siren. I have to attach the trunking on the side (paint was wet yesterday)


I think that the caddy was so out there, without the fins, it is only halfway there.

The car is is made for a rally I am taking part in. It is called the Scumball rally (www.scumrun.com)

It is similar to the Gumball rally but much cheaper! car can not worth more than £500 (about $600) We will do about 2000 miles in Europe. We have set the car up so we can turn it back easily to a standard car. Stripes are painted on plastic, fins bolt on inside the door and tailgate shuts.

logos are on and almost there, some wiring to do and we are good to go.

Imgur

I hope the car holds up for the trip.

Get some yellow tanks up there, you fool! It’s so close!

Two-liter bottles or food containers, whatever! Just slap them on, your rack looks naked!

just got back from the run. The car was great. Got us in the papers and on TV. loads of people giving us the thumbs up on the motorways.

I did stick on some tanks, just for you boomerjinks. I had made them but the yellow paint had reacted to the undercoat. Put some stickers on the the top so it would not look som bland.

Trip took us to Barcelona, took pictures infront of Gaudi’s Cathedal (so did a number of tourists)

Will upload some pictures today.

Car will be going on Ebay shortly. we all have enough cars and no room for this one.

Catch you later

LOL!

Sorry, something about Ghostbusters in front of a Cathedral or Church always makes me laugh for all the wrong reasons.

the ecto looks amazing by the way!

Uploaded some our photos from the run.

Imgur

a photo with the models at the kick off event.

Imgur

I am putting the car on Ebay now. We are keeping the uniforms and will finish the proton packs.

I hope you like the photos

The girls are nice…got any more pictures of trhem? :boogieman:

scroll using the photostream on the right.

We are all married so did not letch after the girls (much)

Cheers