Cyberfez's First Pack build

Well another Aussie is hitting the GB with some love.

so some questions:

  1. What is the best way to attach all this bits and pieces to the motherboard?

  2. the pipe that goes from the cyclotron to the Crank Generator box, how do you attach that one?

The Bumper I built out of 6 pieces of wood. I basically just built it up out of slices.

The Booster frame is mdf and Floor Stripping.

Nice bumper! :cool:

The hose can be connected by attaching wood dowels to the attachment points then sliding the hose overtop.

more questions - what is the best paint method? paint primer then silver then black?

also what is the best black finish? matt/flat , satin or gloss?

where do most people stick their speakers?

another pic

image

cyberfez

Unless you’re going to take the time to mask the silver coat in select areas to simulate scraping when it’s removed after the black coat silver would be a waste of time.

It all depends on what kind of look you’re going for. I wanted a weathered look for my pack, so I did a coat of primer followed by a coat of silver, then a coat of satin black. I only let the black dry for about an hour and then I rubbed all of the high spots with a piece of steel wool. The paint scraped off quite nicely. If you’re going for a “new” look however, the silver isn’t necessary.

As far as speakers go, it just depends on where you have the room. I put one behind my cyclotron and one next to my powercell.

How do/where do people place or cut vent holes in their packs for speakers.

On my pack, I only cut one hole, for the speaker that sits behind my cyclotron. The speaker faces my back, and is actually pretty loud. I used two three-way car speakers in my pack.

The second speaker, which sits next to my powercell, I just mounted on some standoffs, still facing the motherboard, but with no hole. I like this setup because it gives the sound some dimension, and it sounds like the pack is actually doing something inside. You can see the screws in this picture where the speaker is mounted.

very nice

I did some priming today.

image

image

image

I got my proton gun kit and other parts from MMM today! woohooo

more progress pics

image

image

image

image

Looking Evil!

still only a stack up,

[imghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/149102_10150097737957578_536522577_7503877_5781062_n.jpg[/img]

fitted the various parts to the motherboard and fitted the ribbon cable from the cyclotron to the ribbon hole and it is looking sweet mate. I started on the ageing. I am using steel wool to slowly work off the black paint exposing the silver paint underneath.

Ribbon cable clamp and the PPD sticker fitted.

the ageing - have made the wood look metal.

Trying it on

Now the gun. Pictures seem to be missing I will locate them an post later. Here is the finished pack though the night of my 40th.

Hope you like these pics

Incredible job! That’s talent.

Very nice job. Congrats!