ever thought of this?

if they didnt know the river of slime was there until they lowered ray into the hole, why would ray already have a slime collection device if they didnt know what was down there

that one always racked my brain, lol.

Did you check out the Fascinating Reference Photo finds in the Proton Pack section? There’s a bunch of bloopers and similar stuff there.

Joe

I thought it was just a sampling device. And that he brought it with him, just in case he fines anything strange.

That makes sense… I’d never really thought about it before though. Hmmm…

I have to watch the movie again but I believe they saw slime coming up from the ground so they were expecting to find slime in there.

They saw slime coming up? They who? In the beginning of the movie You see slime seep up the crack in the sidewalk and then Dana baby carrage wheels rolled in it and then thats when it took off. The ghostbusters and Dana knew nothing about the slime until Ray went down the air shaft. I always thought the tool he used was alil odd to have since its suppose to be for getting samples but its such a long device. Well I dont know. Its only a movie and its still fun to watch :lol:

I really never questioned it or even thought about it. Kinda assuming they knew if there was anything paranormal(which they did from the PKE and Giga Meter) there would be slime and assumed they were equipped for all situations. I imagine there’s all kinds of equipment they use we never see in the movies.

-Zack

yeah i guess that makes sense. i mean i always wondered if the pke and gigi meter were reading large readings, wouldnt they of brought at least a trap into the hole. i mean it could just as easily been a nasty class 7 spirit giving off those readings instead of a river of slime. ray just seems under pprepared. i realize the packs were in their truck it s just one of those convenient movie things i guess. i mean if i went in that hole i would of made damn sure i made the hole big enough to take my pack in. just in case :slight_smile:

There was a trap(s) in the truck too. That’s where all the equipment in the court room came from.

Also, what a waste to take ten steps and then say they should go back for the packs. Duh, you enter an area with a PKE reading off the charts and you go without packing heat?

I doubt they expected to find anything other than the river of slime. There was no indication to tell how long they were walking either I thought. Theres no telling how far they’ve come when we first see them.

-Zack