Haslab - Wire with Hole in it?

Hi, everyone, bit of a new member here. This forum has had a lot of discussion around the Haslab pack and all the modding that can be done with it, and I figure this is the best place to ask my question.

So I’ve been working on installing some mods in the Haslab pack, and noticed something weird with the wires running to the neutrona wand hose connection. One of them just clean has a hole through it, and both are bent weird. Is that normal for this pack? I can’t find any pictures online that show these with enough detail to tell if it’s always like this.

image image

My wand did work when I connected it upon first getting the pack, before opening it up. Is this a cause for concern? Should I just wrap some electrical tape on it to cover the exposed wires or do I need to replace them entirely?

Wanted to come to the place full of people who have also gone poking around inside these and get some thoughts before closing mine back up.

That looks like those wires have been squashed between a mounting point and had a screw through them. Slightly surprised it was working OK tbh. I’d cut that section out, strip a small section of each wire and solder them together with heat shrink over the top.

Ok, definitely not normal then. They should have used more tape to hold some of these wires down when they made these. Shouldn’t be too hard to patch though. Thanks!

Mine has something similar. Looks like it was pinched. I may want to replace the wires. Does anybody know what gauge wire that is? I’m thinking it may be 20. Would 18 work, and is there a place to find a purple connector for the board that will take 18 gauge wire?

What size wire is that? Mine ripped and I need to replace it.

If I recall, most of the wiring Hasbro used was 22 gauge. Frankly, though, I’d replace anything you can with 20 gauge instead… the 22 is barely viable, IMO.