This topic was created to leave feedback for Jupiter Electronics.
Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relavent to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven’t had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
I recently bought a pack light kit from Jupiter, the kit is professionally made and excellent quality. Packaged properly and securely and shipped quickly.
There is a seller on eBay who also has a prop light website www.jupiterstore.com. They sell GB light kits, and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience dealing with them. Thanks!
Couldn’t recommend them enough, the lights I got for my ghost trap are fantastic. I asked for a custom sequence, as close to the movie traps as they could make and they programmed the chips especially. I live in the UK and they arrived within a week. The lights are very bright, and the kits nice and compact too, the trap kit fits completely in the forward indicator with the exception of the red LED. Definately great value for money. If in any doubt to their quality, look up the guy who made a game pack, jupiter electronics made all the new lights for that.
Chris is a good guy from my experiences with him. His bar graph light was originally part of another prop, the Alien guns I think, but I and a few others had contacted him about re-purposing the design for the Proton Gun light bar. If you want lights for cheep then that is the way to go.
There are screw terminals on the board and cyclotron lights so you can swap the cyclotron leds out for real incandesent bulbs if you want. also you can disconnect the 9V battery plugin and just screw the two alternate power source wires in. Very versatile
Christian is very friendly and helpful. Fast delivery too.
He sent me a message when I asked about the safe amount of amps I could run through it.
"The unit can be powered from a relatively wide voltage range, giving you many options.
Now you do not need to worry about how many amps available. The circuit just like any other electronics will only draw the current it needs. It makes no difference being a 100mA or a 10A source. The difference will be how long it will last.
A 12V rechargeable tool battery will be fine. You can also look at remote controlled cars which have 7.2 and 9.6V power packs, with matching chargers widely available online and from toy and hobby stores.
Some people have been using digital video camera battery packs. I have seen some models online which you can order with a matching charger. These usually are lighter for about the same rating.
The only source you should not use is a 12V car battery charger. This is not good, as these units are designed to push/force a high current into a large car battery. The power is not clean and will damage just about any type of electronics if fed directly. As long as you stay away from car battery chargers you should be fine.
And my proton pack lights last for many hours on a single 9V battery. My kids went to a pre Halloween party and left it on all evening, then left it on again all evening on Halloween and the batteries are still good."
I asked Chris for a custom trap light kit, and he made me a really great set of lights. He built the kit from scratch to my specs, did it in a record time, kept me informed during the process, and shipped it really fast. Couldn’t ask for more, I would buy again without hesitation. Thanks a whole lot!
I have bought his cyclon/cell and gun lights kit. Problem is, no instructions or info on how to wire the two together so it will run off of 1 9V and turn on by the main power switch. I am awaiting a response, but I’d figured I’d ask here if any others who used his kit has the knowledge to piece both together.
Purchased my pack lights from Chris. Very smooth transaction and received my shipment in less than a week. Would have bought my gun lights from him as well had I not purchased them from Hyperdyne labs a few days prior to him releasing them.
thrower kit turned uo today that i ordered off ebay. Its an excellent kit and excellent value for money. Comes wired upready for a 9volt power supply but can take higher if you require. How the kit works is flick the first toggle switch turns on the lights and the bar graph scrolls up and down. Push the second toggle switch and the vent light come on. Press the fire buttonand the stream light flashes and the bar graph changes.
Order this item approx on the 22nd february and it turned up on the 3rd march rally good as i live in the uk and it is shipped from canada.
very fast delivery and package is all wrapped in bubble wrap and comes with instructions for the new features added to the kit.
excellent value for money would recomend these kits all day long