My Haslab Proton Pack Mods

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and a lifelong fan since watching the real ghostbusters as a kid growing up. I’m based in the uk and I’ve always wanted my own proton pack but never had the opportunity until the cheaper haslab option came about back in 2021.

I’ve been doing a lot of painting to the pack inside and out, mainly whilst I wait for parts to get shipped across from America as all of the good stuff comes from there. It may not be to everyone’s taste but i had a certain look for it in mind and I’ve just gone with it. It’s my first time doing anything like this painting wise but I’m pretty happy with how it’s going.

So far my mods are yellow braiding with wire mod and P clamp, real clippard R-331, all correct screws around the whole pack and copper taped the terminals by the clippard.

Most of my time has been spent painting so far rather than the modifications.

I’m currently waiting on new hoses, brass fittings, elbows, strain reliefs with the pg7 clips, socket head ion arm cap, the olive drab tape, the wand grips, resin resistors and the blue lens.

I am on the hunt for a fincher gb 1 ribbon cable and some real metallic stickers so they’re next on my list.

Hopefully you like what you see, go easy on this newcomer! :joy:

This evenings update, halfway through the new hoses, brass fittings and elbows.

I will be making slight adjustments to some of the hoses, Once all done and happy with the length, they’ll be weathered.

Wow, it looks great! Much better than the stock weathering. You should be proud. :slight_smile:

Update on the side hoses. I didn’t want to use the original rubber fittings like I see everyone do, so I drilled out the holes for pg7 clips on both ends. Really pleased with the result.

Thank you so much mate, check out the update on the side hoses. Looks amazing, haven’t seen anyone else use pg7 on the sides, they tend to keep the rubber to save a job.

All wires weathered, blue lens installed.

Just waiting on resistors to arrive and the official sticker set from Mack’s factory.

I will be doing the pg7 mod to resistors with real blue wire. As you can see in the pictures I have already modified the bottom pg7 ready for the resistors.

You’re welcome, mate! I just saw the update, and you’re nearly there.

I also used real (used) resistors for my pack, and changed out the lens for the power cell to a nice blue one.

I bet those real resistors really sets the pack off, did you keep the rubber wire or did you install a new wire?

This took some time, but I’ve fitted full pg7’s and strain reliefs to the resistor and the middle section.

These were a set of resin resistors from Benofkent props. Really happy with the outcome of this modification, I haven’t seen anyone else attempt this so hopefully it’s a first. :ok_hand:t2: