Need help locating LED hats

If anyone knows the best place online to get correct LED hat’s let me know.

Thanks

Not much help if you’re in the US, but I recently purchased these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180285876011

They are actually a 5 LED chaser (3mm LEDs running on 2 AA batteries). I tested it on 3 AA batteries, and it kicked up the brightness a good notch, and will light red 10mm LEDs no problem! Slightly fast but whaddaya want for cheapness? :wink:

I also found that the unused one willl light a strip of 15 3mm LEDs as taken from a knockoff lightsaber, enabling it to be used for the powercell! :smiley:

As I did here, but much simpler - just replace either end LED with the strip:

The button on these hats is a momentary contact type, BUT as soon as you connect the battery, the lights begin sequencing, so no real need to keep the button! I guess you could solder the contact but I don’t know how the circuit / chip would be with it constantly open.

Would like to hear of other online places to purchase them myself.

C.

I’m actually looking for the correct LED covers/caps for the thrower. The housing that the actual LED lights go into. I already have a light kit ready to go. Thanks for the reply!!!

Mouser.com sells LED hats. Browse the catalog to see sketches of them and specs on size.

Ha! Doh!

In that case, sorry for the 'jack! :blush:

C.