Well… I finally got my hands on the Hasbro pack today. All I can say is I LOVE IT! I am debating on if I want to switch out the Clippard or not because it actually looks very good for what it is. It looks better than the Clippard on the wand and I actually wouldn’t mind getting a second wand for the purpose of running my mods on that one. I also opted to give it an Alice frame that was from my third proton pack (not pictured) which was a super moded Spirit pack.
Now, for my pet peeve, lol. The resistors are made of rubber as well as any elbow fittings. They kind of just pop into place. I am sure the elbows won’t be a problem to switch but there will be some drilling. As far as the resistors… They pop into place but they kind of seat into an area of the ion arm that fits the shape of them, sort of like a bottom rim. I wonder if anyone has super-modded this thing yet and if so, do the real resisters fit into those areas as they should?
I went the cheap way and just painted em, you can’t tell at all from a distance, unless you shove your face in close and notice my sloppy painting lol I was even able to jab a little metal… thingy in the resistor by the ion arm to make it look like the real one. But I completely understand for those who want the real deal!
Nice, I’m also planning to do the same thing as cheaply as possible. I’m quite skillful with a paintbrush, so I’ll be taking my time. Thanks for posting this!!