So in the continuing spirit of “I can figure this out”, I’ve jumped head first into learning Arduino. My 14 year old daughter got me hooked on it. I’m just now scratching the surface and trying to wrap my brain around the coding. I’ve spent a few weeks looking at others coding. The bad thing is the sources seem to be drying up. 2 of the 3 that were my “go to” references are no longer available due to their web addresses not being renewed. Tonight I decided to start from scratch and play with the Uno board. Here’s what I came up with.
It’s very abbreviated but I’m pleased with my progress learning the code. Sorry the video is Photobucket. The YouTube video has been pending for over an hour…
Great job on the programming. I’ve got a mega board on it’s way from China that I’m looking forward to playing with. That board has plenty of outputs to drive everything. Let’s compare code when I get a chance to work mine out. FYI - the board I ordered was only $14 from Gearbest with free shipping.
Sounds good! I know there’s got to be some good code out there. I really wasn’t wanting to reinvent the wheel. If nothing else, I’m learning the code instead of just assembling the product. My goal is to have all the sound and light effects I like. I’m waiting on a sound board now. I think its making it’s way across the ocean. My secondary goal is to put some code together that’s good enough that others will like it. I’ve spent a good amount of time searching and researching. There really isn’t that much available. At least not to the level I’m looking. No offense to anyone of course. I want quality and quantity…not a “Halloween quick fix”.
I’ve heard that Arduino Mega shields are only able to do certain shields, but I’ve also learned that switching around 3 or 4 pins will enable you to use them.
Hammer - I have my Arduino code up in my build thread. Would like to see what you are using the 595 chips for since the Mega has plenty of outputs available.
Hope the paint work is going well. Not sure what you’re planning on using for sound, but this board from Adafruit looks like a nice solution.
I’m planning to pick one up to play around with. Doesn’t look as complicated as the waveshield ( which apparently has issues interfacing to the Mega board without modification) and I think it has plenty of storage for at least one song and plenty of sounds. What’s your plan for sound?
I’ve got the Geeetech VS version of the Adafruit shield. It’s not been a complete success yet. I blame my ignorance and not the board…so far. I’ve looked at the fx board you linked and I wish I would’ve started there. I’ve got some ideas I’d like to bounce around. I’ll pm later today.