Anyone know the correct size of the red tubing running from the atenuator to the cyclotron and the hga to the attenuator? I wanna make sure i get the right size elbow i know its either 1/4’’ 1/8’’ or 5/32’’ but i dunno which
5/32"
Is it the same size for the gun tip, or is that 1/8"?
5/32" for the gun.
sounds like there is a discrepancy. Anyone know for sure?
It’s 5/32" on both the pack and gun, and on the trap pedal also.
The yellow ion arm tube is 1/8", right? And the rest of the tubes (the green, all the blue, and the powercell red) are 1/4", right?
I bloody love how much you guys need everything perfect ![]()
Saying that… I want my pack as perfect as possible.
As sad as it sounds, I keep imagining wearing my fully completed pack around parties and town etc, and seeing the reactions
Ohhhhh cant wait ![]()
Nope, there’s no 1/8" tube on the pack, just 1/4" and 5/32"
Then the yellow tube must have been nycoil, then, because Clippard doesn’t make a yellow tube in 5/32 (other than translucent, but I don’t like translucent).
oops sorry, see bottom posts for correct sizes.
I don’t think all the tubing on the pack is 1/4". All the blue & green tubing is, but I believe the only 1/4" red tube is the powercell injector tube. The two red tubes that connect to the Legris elbows are definately smaller, and I’m pretty sure the yellow ion arm tube is smaller too. So they’ve either got to be 1/8" or 5/32", and apparently the consensus is 5/32.
great so no one can really tell me for sure anyone have any they ordered straight from clippard?
No one can tell you for sure what? That it’s 5/32" tube? It definitely is 5/32" tube, and both the red and yellow 5/32" tube was made by Nycoil (can be seen in some of the PH pics). Some contend that the 1/4" was made by Clippard, but I feel it was Nycoil also…since I believe Clippard does not make blue 1/4" tube that isn’t transluscent now it doesn’t matter since Nycoil will be one of the only other sources.
Right, 4mm is 0.1575" and 5/32 is 0.1562", they are pretty much interchangeable. I’d also suspect that the fittings and tubing were probably imperial rather than metric given they were found in the US in the 80’s. Either way though, buy 5/32" or 4mm, they are less than 2 thousandths of an inch difference.
5/32 it is. Thanks for the help guys. That wasn’t such a chore now was it? lol
on these sizes…are we talking OD or ID
We’re talking OD.