I’ve used my last name for the past 5 years, but this week I finally ordered a patch for my “real name” Ruckus.
Sorry for for the bump, but it seems pointless to start a new topic for one question.
I’m starting to put together my GB1 uniform, and I am having the “what name” debate for myself. I’m reluctant to use my real name, especially as I’m not part of any franchise.
As much as I’d love to have Stantz or Spengler, I’m not remotely suited to cosplay any of the characters. The same goes for “Rookie”.
So I guess that leaves me with a nickname. Due to my rapidly receeding hair, I’ve embraced the nickname “Slaphead” amongst my friends… after all, there are many worse things I could be called!
So I’m currently thinking of getting a badge that reads “Slappy”, as “Slaphead” seems a bit to long.
What do you guys think? “Slappy” or “Slaphead”?
They both sound fine to me, and I’m sure Katarra8 will have no problem with length, if that’s what you’re worried about… it’s all about personal preference and what makes you happy… Also, you could try what I did - have different names and velcro them on so you can switch them out on the fly depending on my mood… =P
Having consulted some of my geekier friends, they all seem to love the idea of “Slaphead” on a name badge. So I guess that’s what I’ll go with for now. ![]()
The flight suit I got from the GBF shop does have a velcro patch for name tapes, but I think I’ll remove that and sew it on properly. Or rather, I’ll smile sweetly at the missus and get her to do it.
I don’t think it’ll take much to persuade her, being a Girl Guide leader, she loves badges and seems to be perminantly sewing them on to something. ![]()
Im in the midst of a costume build for my 3 year old son. Im using his first name as well.