different materials to build a proton pack out of

so i was curious as to what other materials have been successfully used to make a proton pack.

i dont want to make one out of wood based on the responses i got nor do i just want to put junk together. i would like to find a consistant material to use in my project.

also i cant vaccum form nor do i want to buy kits.

thanks

Some guys have made excellent packs from styrene and /or foamcore with amazing results, look into that. Materials are inexpensive too.

Ive seen some amazing packs built from styrene sheet, foamcore and even cardboard! those are your best bets. Cheap and easy to work with.

I don’t think one material for a build is the best option.. I think selecting the best material for the specific part is the best build process.

When we do new packs, I’ll make the crankbox, gear box, sync generator, and possibly the cyclotron from insulation foam. The gunmount, bumper will be solid wood, and the power supply, Ion arm and motherboard will be MDF.. and everything will be attached so it can be removed at a later date and replaced, if I want to upgrade, or a part is damaged.

I saw this killer pack made of clay, whenever they bumped into a wall or whatever, they took the pack off and could reshape it right there on the spot.

I think it was adobe.

image

Wasn’t that the cs5 pack build?

i lol’d