When looking for the right gloves you need to makes sure that the ones you are looking for are NBC gloves. It stands for Nuclear Biological and Chemical.
Don’t pay more than 7 bucks for your gloves. They come as part of a MOPP suit set, and like the suit itself, they are not a very coveted item. Most soldiers throw them in the bottom of their duffel and forget they exist.
They may come with a liner glove set, but don’t get too excited about them because they are flimsy and tear easily. The rubber gloves are tough, and will last though.
You will not find anything that close at your local hardware store. While Home Depot gloves may get the job done, the military gloves have no gloss to them. NBC gloves can easily be identified as such to those who know what they are. The military gloves will most likely have a fine white powder on them as well. They are designed to be as long as they are to fit inside your flight suit/uniform.
They are not a one size fits all glove! Some surplus stores will try to market them as such to get rid of their lot, but they are not. They come in S/M/L etc. Check online to see what your glove size is ahead of time. I know you’re just going to hang them from your belt, but why not get the right size to boot?
The NSN for these gloves is any of the following.
NSN 8415-01-138-2497
NSN 8415-01-033-3517
NSN 8415-01-033-3518
NSN 8415-01-033-3519
NSN 8415-01-033-3520
I hope I’ve provided information that proves useful to someone, and I hope for a positive response.
Some of the MOPP gloves have had different palms in the past. When I had to ‘volunteer’ at HAZMAT for a working party they had MOPP gloves with a diamond pattern palm. I don’t know if it was the same glove with a different variation or altogether different, but my money is on different variation.
Sent from my PC36100 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Though I wouldn’t be surprised if they were some sort of chemical glove, the gloves in GB1 don’t seem as heavy-duty or thick as these gloves, which are seen in GB2. Considering all the other 1970 military surplus they used in the first film, I wonder if they used the precursors to these HAZMAT chemical gloves.
BOOM instant GB1 gloves. Marigold rubber gloves spray painted with krylon fusion satin black paint. Though its not completely 100% accurate its the closest we will ever get. You’re welcome.
Yes, those gloves are rather close by comparison, but they have already been discussed in this thread here GBFans.com . However, they do look better with the paint added for sure.