nick-a-tron builds the volguus pack....slowly.

Ok, I’ve been packless for long enough now, time to build myself another.

I’ve decided to replicate the volguus GB2 semi hero pack. I’ve always been a fan of this pack after seeing the photos from Sean’s workshop and since I have just made a new semi-hero shell mould I thought Id cast one up to throw on my parts pile.

image

To me that’s how a pack should look.

So at this point my build is really just a collection of parts (apart from some work on the shell) but I have a large chunk of what I’ll need.

image

A few of the rarer parts…

image

And a pair of frames with both types of padded straps from my seamstress. Im unsure If ill be using LC1 or the LC2 straps at this point. Both styles have been on the volguus so really it comes down to personal preference.

image

Here are a few close ups of the new shell. Ive gone to great lengths to make this shell as accurate as possible and im VERY pleased with how its come out. Ive given it a lick of flat black which I buffed to a satin shine, added some grey wash to simulate the embeded dirt and grime (will be blended with fullers earth for a more subtle, natural look) and painted and weathered the N-filter spots.

image

image

image

image

image

Now I have to put everything on hold while I work over the busy halloween season but rest assured ill be updating this thread when I can.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

NICK HAS NOT BEEN HIDING THE VOLGUUS PACK SINCE IT WENT MISSING.

(I’m worried you might get accused of that when people see the finished article)

This is going to be a great pack, I’m building an exact replica of the Stantz semi hero, looks like we’ll be using a lot of the same parts. Considering I buy from you!!

I LOVE that Vac Line.

Subscribed ready to be amazed. Can’t wait to get my hands on your new SH shell, its a beauty. You should be insanely proud

I followed your buck refurbish on your facebook page and the smaller details you put into the shell itself still amazes me!

1 Like

Is the new look VAC line something that comes with your new SH kit Nick?

Why not do a left LC-1 and a right LC-2? After all, that’s how the Venkman Semi-Hero pack started off during the NY filming (of course, those were non-super straps). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I do have another SH vac line I’ll be moulding and offering. It will come standard with SH kits.

I don’t think my OCD would allow me that. It’s hard enough forcing myself to epoxy in crooked elbows and wonky clippards haha.

This is going to be great. I want my semi-hero build to essentially be the same thing so I will be following this with great interest! I too followed your buck re-build on Facebook so I am excited to see the fruits of your labor!

Watching this thread with great interest.

Could I commission you to do a set or 2 of padded straps in the near future?

Just noticed your screws in the HGA, Beam and Filler, Injectors are thread up as appose to thread down. Did you achieve this by epoxying cap head screws into said parts?

Certainly. If you supply the straps I can send them to my seamstress.

Not to butt in, because it isn’t my build. They’re cast in, the injector tubes on the screen used semi had cast in bolts, so it stands to reason they’d do that with other parts, plus this way there’s no chance of the threads being stripped which is very very easy to do on resin. I plan on doing the same with my semi hero, but I’ll be epoxying everything on and securing it with a nut. I reckon Nick will probably do the same.

Cheers Abaka, not to sound thick but you’ll be epoxying all the parts to the shell or you’ll be epoxying the bolts into the parts to make them seem cast in?

Yeah, I’ll be using parts with cast in bolts and will be gluing the parts to the shell and using a nut inside.

Literally when my Semi Hero build starts, it will almost be exactly like Nick’s, we’re going to be using exactly the same parts. Mine will have some subtle differences as mine is replicating the Stantz / Sony Lobby Semi Hero.

I’m gonna start a build this week for mine, as I don’t wanna keep butting into Nick’s, but at this stage I only have a few things to show off!!

Cheers Abaka

Great project! I will follow this thread with interest. :cool:

Ok managed to work on a small (but important) detail today. Added the slight “■■■■■■” and seam line of the cast in filler plug today.

image

thats a nice nipple slip ya got going there!

i am going to love this build!, sitting back with popcorn on this one!!

amazing job nick

Yeah, not doing a scratch build for my GB2 semi anymore. Nick has nailed every detail and I can’t compete with that!