Can somebody help me? I am starting to build a trap using seans’ plans, but the outer shell has no height dimension. There are also a few other missing dimensions on the outser shell page.
where exactly?
You mean on this page?
http://www.gbfans.com/image.php?url=/images/equipment/plans/sean-trap-plan_3.jpg
Everything necessary is there but not everything is spelled out. You’ll have to do some math in places.
Thank you, Jack. Well put.
I was thinking the same thing myself while looking them over again.
Venky
I questioned this myself several years ago, and emailed Sean about it, and, sure enough, as he pointed out then, the measurements are all there. When you go to draw it out, it should make perfect sense to you. Just take your time, measure twice, and cut once.
Old thread but I’d rather bump this than start a new one. I’m doing a mock up before I start a real build and I think I figured my problem out, but I just want to double check what you all have been doing using these plans.
-
I think my side fins should be 3/8" correct? I have 1/4" and 1/8" boards I can glue together to do this. I though I was correct with 1/4" because I didn’t read.
-
The side fins I could have gotten away with if I had then done my math correctly because I was going with the OSM of 4" and then less the 1/4" twice, gave me a 3 1/2" ISM, but then that meant that the battery box was too small and gave me a gap.
So, just want to confirm, the side fins 3/8" thick and the ISM of the trap should be 3 5/16" correct?
This is why I was doing the mock up before the real thing. I over complicate and over analyze and miss the little details.